Got some interesting new brakes in the mail today :)

manbeer

Old School Hero
I ordered a bike pretty much for the frame alone and it had an interesting assortement of crap and older, higher end stuff. I had seen it had purple anodized canti's and originally thought they were some off brand. I was happy when it arrived with these (sorry for crappy phone pics)

IMG00470-20091028-1127.jpg

Control Tech canti's - notice the return spring is part of the cable hanger? These look like they will work well and are very nicely made

IMG00469-20091028-1127.jpg

And some nice oddysey svelte skewers...luckily there is a bunch of the seat skewers on ebay right now so i can scrap the tektro that it came with and have a match

IMG00471-20091028-1127.jpg

I've got a set of them on my Kona Hot, they are achingly cool but I don't think they work as well as ones with internal springs e.g. Shimano M900.

Still, how well they work is hardly the point ;)

The more i look at these, the more i cant believe the condition they are in compare to the rest of the bike. Its like somehow all the good parts managed to stay perfect and the rest of the crap is all shot

Unfortunately the frame needs serious polishing on the front and touch up on the back. Its 14", not 16 as i originally though. So its way small but i dont care that much :)

The Lawwill leader that came on it is almost perfect

The bike is a 95 Barracuda Comp, its an Easton Taperlite tubeset which was interesting. So far as i know it was the only non team issue frame back then that was made of that, even the "XX Team" they sold was their factory brand of 7005.

I found this online at a pawnshop about 800 miles from me, asked what he wanted, made and offer and he took it. It'll take some work but it should be worth it in the end. Its a pretty obscure bike

Lush, love 3DV and love the Control techs :cool: Should be a great match with the Lawwills too.

Today must be my lucky day...I have a TON of 90's goodness on the way that i just found out about. Expect a very big thread with lots of high res pics next week!

Cool brakes.
Be careful with the spring/hanger though -because it serves both functions it takes some stress.... my ex missus got through loads of them and I doubt you'd find spares.

As kaiser said, they're gonna look the 'bollocks on the Leaders. ;)

Back