Sachs new success

Sachs New Success looks a bit less refined as Campagnolo Record. It's function was at the same level, pro stuff. I do half a New Success group waiting for a suitable frame.

I've got a Sachs New Success 36h front hub. I'm thinking about taking that toward putting together the entire group and doing a build.

I've kind of hit a wall on my Mavic SSC build and I figured I needed more frustration.

I was lucky enough to buy a Dynatech Pro with Sachs groupset off slimjoe, and I'm really chuffed with it. Gear shifts are solid and crisp as are the brakes, and the hubs and bearings are lovely.
I wouldn't say it's as stylish as same period Record/Chorus (what is?) but it's very nicely engineered and finished.
The chainset on mine is pretty bland looking and not the 'Chorus-clone' version I've seen elsewhere, so has been replaced with a Campag.

Cheers Joe - lovin' the Dynatech! :cool:

i am not known with the sachs stuff but is there something like a Sachs new success mountainbike rear hub?

If anyone's interested, I have a New Success groupset for sale (not posted in the 'for sale' section yet.)
It's hardly been used at all so is pretty much as new, -drop me a PM.

I have a set of Sachs Ergos. Badged Carbon BB. Mercian said they were record rebadged. Can't work out the indexing though. Perfect with Shimano , 4.8mm, which is apparently what Success matched although why Campag madethem just that little bit different. Equally good with Campag, 5.0mm. Maybe they are set to 4.9.

ferrus":27d6cc62 said:
If anyone's interested, I have a New Success groupset for sale

Ooh, nice. But have already spent a fortune on bikes in the last week so must resist the urge....

David

Back