Respray where?

I emailed Solitude cycle, as I like to check everyone out to get the best, and this Alex said they only design build and paint there own bikes. Perhaps, if your part of the in crowd they do it to old bikes. They did suggest Lee Cooper cycles but I think I'll stay with my original plan.

Isaac_AG":2hvf5faz said:
I emailed Solitude cycle, as I like to check everyone out to get the best, and this Alex said they only design build and paint there own bikes. Perhaps, if your part of the in crowd they do it to old bikes. They did suggest Lee Cooper cycles but I think I'll stay with my original plan.

got mine done in the nick of time then :LOL:

If they did a good job I hope whoever does mine equals it. Such a risky business choosing, I had one respray done only to discover the old paint underneath, cost me over £200 too. It was sent there by my LBS.

Isaac_AG":3fk653ix said:
If they did a good job I hope whoever does mine equals it. Such a risky business choosing, I had one respray done only to discover the old paint underneath, cost me over £200 too. It was sent there by my LBS.

get the frame beadblasted yourself before you send it off. also the best way to check for any potentially killer rust. for a stock 1 colour I've had good luck with local car garage paint shops.

Isaac_AG":1u9ahyn8 said:

Hmm, would have been good PR for him to help out though wouldn't it.

hmm, so maybe a quick search for motorbike painters in the area may help...

Actually, I think I remember SSP having trouble with one of his painters and changing, on one of the few blogs I have read.

Any other suggestions welcome!!

respray where

I have used Argos cycles in Bristol loads of times.

I know that it is a bit further away than you perhaps wanted but there finishes are second to none and prices are not that bad either. He is really used to restoration and retros so he will understand your needs. Good luck!!

argos

Hi, i was recommended him today

question if i may,

I currently have a clockwork orange frame, it has a headset and a bb on it and a set or rock shocks. There is a fair bit of chain pitting and other marks.

will someone like argos sort all that out so you finish with a super cool finish on the whole frame?

sorry to ba a pain but never had a frame painted before - but it needs to be the first thing i do

thanks

paul

I did work experience at Argos Racing Cycles when I was doing my A-levels in '95.

Basically they strip everything off your frame and "shot blast" it in a tank to remove all the paint. I did this job for a couple of days it was well cool the paint just disappears off the frame.

Then the paint sprayer guy does his magic with several coats of paint and puts it in the oven.

When I was there they were building custom frames and bikes for people.
They had a jig upstairs for getting your frame size correct. Downstairs is the welding area and shot blast tank in one room and the painting area and oven in the other.

It was (probably still) run by a family, the owner did all the customer service work and one guy did welding/repairs/frame building, another guy did the finishing/assembly of the new bikes and customer service and the sprayer would come in once a week to do his work.

I noticed from their price list that they are respraying carbon frames, they were not doing this before as I had a carbon frame and wanted it sprayed and they said it was not possible because of the oven heat. So they might have some new kit or set up.

If your frame has pitting and scratches in the paint work this is obviously going to dissappear when the frame is shot blasted. They've got all the kit for removing forks etc.

Back