Afan Retro Ride

that sounds good! I've never been to Afan and it would be good to put some faces to these names...

I'll be coming from Bristol and have a van so could offer lifts for a couple of bikes if thats helpful to anybody

:cool:

thats the day after my birthday party. i'll have the world's worst hangover. not for me :)

I am out on the saturday so would think i will be very hungover so not fit to ride. Will be nice to do a ride some time though. What with all the crap going on at home with no bathroom and ceiling down in kitchen/dining room could be busy for a while though. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

rojo":o07ao3c7 said:
I am out on the saturday so would think i will be very hungover so not fit to ride. Will be nice to do a ride some time though. What with all the crap going on at home with no bathroom and ceiling down in kitchen/dining room could be busy for a while though. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't drink so much, get up early, have a good breakfast. It'll be a good ride. You could pick up the frame and bits if you make it.

I'll try and make it.

As for unfit, I get out of breath looking at my bike at the moment :LOL:
Seriously.

edit:
I wouldn't be going on a retro-rig if I go though, it'd be on my Identiti.

xizang":1i7o0jgu said:
rojo":1i7o0jgu said:

Don't drink so much, get up early, have a good breakfast. It'll be a good ride. You could pick up the frame and bits if you make it.

I'll try and make it.

As for unfit, I get out of breath looking at my bike at the moment :LOL:
Seriously.

edit:
I wouldn't be going on a retro-rig if I go though, it'd be on my Identiti.

I know i will be ill as everyone will be getting me drinks and i will be ill. I have only jot my singlespeed at the moment, i haven't got my geared one back yet. I would die riding singlespeed on a big ride :shock:

I couldn't drive up to meey everyone any how i would be well over the drink drive limnt.

I am way unfit aswell :(

Rally of GB

Hi,

Don't want to put a dampner on things but I've just been speaking to my brother who was planning a ride in Afan on the weekend of the 24th and 25th. He was informed, when booking his accommodation, that the Rally of GB is in the area that weekend. Apparently all but one of the trails will be closed.

The Rally of GB site seems to support this:

http://www.rallygb.org/spectators/overallmap.php

Its probably worth someone making a phone call to one of the trail centres to find out more details.

Cheers,

James

I phoned Afan Argoed trail centre this morning. Nearly all the disruption is at the Glyncorrwg site where the Skyline trail is. Afan argoed is virtually uneffected apart from one possible diversion.

Back