'Official' Retrobike Pace Serial Number Thread

Here we go then - 2 RC200s

F616176 - currently set up as a 27 speed, with hope closed 2 discs, and RC36s up front

F716060 - set up as a singlespeed with eno cranks and excentric rear hub, and RC31s.

Both these frames have won the Mens Pairs Wight Diamond Challenge twice and numerous other comps (alas not with me as a rider - best I could do on the Isle of Wight was 9th I think in the solo mens category)

and not yet a retro bike but if the rumours are right and Pace are starting to use 3d design software, I've got an RC405 400-M0075

My new RC200 F7

Please add this one to the list 20" RC200 F7 frame number 20 RC 0727,thanks.I will post pics asap. :D :D

#25 on the list is now mine :D
WR18156
Anyone shed light on the unique serial number or what F series it is?
Red ano frame with 1 1/8" headtube, rear v-brake cable & disc hose guides, (I.S. ??) disc tabs (1 on chainstay, 1 part of replaceable dropout), metal 'winged' PACE headtube badge.

WR number could be a warranty repair replacement bottom bracket which may mean at some point it has had a cracked seatpost or chainstay and it has been rebuilt.

That disc tab makes it an F7 I think.

Thanks Jerky :D I'd sussed it wasn't an F8 as it only has 2 depths of external machining to the top & down tubes.
Was F6 still 1" headtube or weren't disc tabs an option?
I've looked at a few websites dedicated to Pace & still unsure :oops:

WR number could be a warranty repair replacement bottom bracket
That makes sense. :LOL:

Caramba Kid":1zi1i2t4 said:
That disc tab makes it an F7 I think.

Thanks Jerky :D I'd sussed it wasn't an F8 as it only has 2 depths of external machining to the top & down tubes.
Was F6 still 1" headtube or weren't disc tabs an option?
I've looked at a few websites dedicated to Pace & still unsure :oops:

WR number could be a warranty repair replacement bottom bracket
That makes sense. :LOL:

F6 has 1 1/8th headtube and no disc tab. F8 has a disc tab that is all on the frame not split to the drop out.

Not sure about a factory option for discs on an F6 but I do knbow you can fairly easly add a disc mount by using a replacement custom non drive side dropout. Gil_M I think used to do some, and I have a pair of Horrizontal drop outs of which the non drive has a disc tab. But it isnt a pace Original part.

Aye-quite a few frames that came back for crack repair had the disc mount upgrade carried out; it was often suggested to do it at the same time before the frame was re-anodised after being rebuilt. :D

Back