1992 GT Richter

ChrisG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is my recent find, GT Richter.
Steel frame marked up as GTX tubing. I can't find an exact match for it in the archive brochures, in theory it should have 8.0 on it as well?
It look like a low mileage example, so in good condition :D but the front forks have gone very soft, so i gues they must be leaking. :roll:

Anyway pictures below, haven't seen many about, what do you think?

Attachments

• GT 1.jpg
    GT 1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,623
  • GT 2.jpg
    GT 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,623
  • GT 3.jpg
    GT 3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,625
I really like this, my third mountain bike was a choice between one of these, an aluminium Muddy Fox (can't remember the model) and a Diamond Back Apex........ I went for the Apex, I didn't know if suspension would catch on, and I didn't trust aluminium! My next bike was a cannondale with headshok! I always wondered if I should have gone for the richter!

Nice one, seen similar on Ebay if not the same, was fancy to get that bike but been totally skint. Have you tried inflate forks lately? maybe they just need air if you have proper pump, football pump shoud do job as well but without pressure control.

Nice one, love the black paint scheme with the orange decals.
What type of spec does it have? Was it a high end or more midrange model?

Roughly has original specs, would say between mid and high-end range. Above was only Avalanche, which was my first GT bike in 92 :D and Bravado from TIG welded steel frames.

Attachments

• 1992-6.jpg
    1992-6.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,538
The Richter has only been produced in during 2 years and in three colours..

black like yours
ferrari red like my one.....

:cool: :cool:

and in metallic green......

the only better steel bikes were psyclone and bravado.
but the richter is really a diamant because its not sold so often

kikaha":3g6un6z1 said:
the only better steel bikes were psyclone and bravado.
but the richter is really a diamant because its not sold so often

Is the tubing different from the Karakoram?

I love both of the black and red richters.... very nice!

hi there...

Inspried bt the Kona vs GT thread. Has anyone experienced both, mid range GT cromos like Karakorum and Tequesta, and then higher cromo frames, like the Avalanche, and whats the others, Richter? Is there a difference? difference in materials I think.. what about construction and ride?

Stylus":3gzrn4a2 said:
Nice one, love the black paint scheme with the orange decals.
What type of spec does it have? Was it a high end or more midrange model?

I would guess that it is a mid range model with it have dx front and rear mech and xt shifters. The brakes don't state anything other than deore.

Latest posts

Back