Carrera Corsa

peetee

Senior Retro Guru
Added one of these frames to my collection. It's 24" and 531c in pale green maintubes and white fleck stays and lugs. I would guess dates from about 1990.
Normally I wouldn't have considered a bike from Halfords but this seems quite well put together. Anyone know if these frames were built under licence by any other of the frame producres of the time?

peetee":glidd0vy said:
Added one of these frames to my collection. It's 24" and 531c in pale green maintubes and white fleck stays and lugs. I would guess dates from about 1990.
Normally I wouldn't have considered a bike from Halfords but this seems quite well put together. Anyone know if these frames were built under licence by any other of the frame producres of the time?

Interesting. There did seem to be some half decent stuff done by Carrera / Halfords at that time (Quattro Comp MTB springs to mind). No idea who built them but be interested to find out. That was a time Halfords were using the Apollo name for the real shit.

Carrera

Are we sure its a halfords/Carrera and not a Italian built Carrera?
Not originally from Britain I always knew of Carrera but it was only when coming here that I see the name used by Halfords. They dont seem to be of the same quality and dont really know much about the history of halfords but have never thought of them being associated with Carrera Italy. Maybe some here can enlighten me.
Carrera are still building bikes just outside of Brescia and everything is/was built in house and of a high quality.
High end quality frames with many pro's including Pantani, Roche etc having ridden for them.
I have been trying for a long time to save for a new frame and have narrowed it down to a new custom Tommasini or Carrera Lima. Lugged steel :cool:
I see Geoff of Matuzmaster in hungary has a nice frameset for sale as well.

http://www.carrera-podium.it/en/bicycles/lima/8

Post some pics.

Jamie

Back