Much lamented C16r

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This was really my (now) wifes bike.....but i seemed to find myself riding it a lot......stupidly sold on Ebay a few years back when funds were tight...she never really forgave me..and when finances were better i had to build her up a P7 ( 2005)...

Sorry for pic....my camera was none to good back then...

2ce960e2.jpg

The bike came equiped with Orange branded FIR rims...marked as suitable for XC & downhill..!!...it was mainly Alivio..but i replaced the shifters, chainset with STX and the canti's with Avid Arch rivals..and some Real Magnesium levers.....

You should never sell a C16R! Two reasons - a. it's a great bike, b. you won't get much for it. Luckily, the same two reasons make it a good idea to buy a C16R.

Is that a 1995 example? I always think the size 17 is very small for a size 17. Maybe because the front is so low. Short (non suspension-adjusted) fork plus very small (9cm?) head tube = ***low***.

I don't know, sold his GF's bike against her wishes, some people! Still at least you needed the cash, so that's some excuse. At least it wasn't 'swapped my GF's bike for a Chris King headset'.

Back