FS: 1978 Koga Miyata GR Gents-Racer £100

Makrie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all.

A chap on another forum (STW) posted up for sale his 1978 Koga miyata GR. The original ad is here. He would like £100 for it, to be collected from Kent (Maidstone area).

I had a long email conversation with him getting some details - before discovering it was too small for me! I told him I'd let folk here know about the bike.

He's changed the bars and shifters to something new, but the bike will come with the old shifters and bar, plus "the old spring type rear gear outer, helps with the gear shifting apparently" (I don't know what that is!).

Size as measured by the owner:

Top tube 56.5cm
Seat tube 55cm
Head tube 12.5cm

Measured ctc apart head tube.

The owner can be contacted directly at mhughesgti at hotmail dot com (does that really help prevent spam?) - I don't know if he'll be following this thread to see responses here.

Below are 5 actual photos and one shot of the 1978 catalog entry for the bike. It looks great to me, but turns out to be too small. Boo!

koga1.jpg

koga2.jpg

koga3.jpg

koga4.jpg

koga5.jpg

koga6.png

Cheers! :D

I'd be very interested in this if he was able to post..... I don't suppose anyone local could pick it up and post for me? (for a fee!) :D

Perhaps mail him and ask - the bike seems a great deal to me, so perhaps for some extra plus postage he'd be willing. Sorry, we're miles away :(

I'm pretty close to Maidstone so can help out with postage if need be, although I'd want something for my travel and time.

Wouldn't mind the bike for myself either actually....

Hi all, cheers to Makrie for posting my bike here on retro bike. I origonally only did it on singletrack and he thought id get some good response here. Cheers, looks like i owe you a beer!

Sorry to say to all you who maybe interested but the bike is now sold! Cheers all for the interest.
MATT

Not me! :( Would have loved this, but I've spent far too much recently so i'm not too annoyed that I was beaten to it!

Back