1992 Saracen Conquest

:roll:

oh dear, i'm sure it wasn't meant to sound like that.

twas a naff comment though, contructive criticism only please, them are the rules

_40577055_anorak203.jpg

listen! It 'aint gonna make me like the 'bleedin' bike any betterer! ( to be read in a mockney accent)

I'm the last person to talk about dodgy bikes whith the shite I post....

Anyway, I preferred my mates one with Black XT M730/ black Maguras and the orangey red paint with the crazy Saracen graphics similar to:

dsc01508_159.jpg

where did this all come from :shock: , just finished my sunday roast ( beef and YP's if you were wondering ................... and with Gravy of course) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gravy Monster":rjkzcu3f said:
where did this all come from :shock: , just finished my sunday roast ( beef and YP's if you were wondering ................... and with Gravy of course) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Faaaaaack knows!

anyway - hope the pic of the older style graphics are of some help

I'm liking this. I did like the old grey, but this ain''t bad at all. Have you tried mocking it up with SARACEN logos ? I'd try it before sticking them on. Looks pretty good at the mo without. The only thing I'm not sure about is the amber walls. The crossrides loook good on it IMHO.

Right, after some handbags and rotten eggs thrown around, I'll explain my perhaps all to brief comment 'I dont like it'

I think its the mix of parts/ paint finish. At a certain point in the '90's painted solid colours came in and shiny mechs/ parts went out. I feel that this is an awkward mix of the two.

Lose the amberwalls, paint or replace the silver seat post clamp area (I have black parts if you want to swap) and change the stem for something fancy in black with big graphics. I was well impressed with a Controltech that landed on my doorstep.

I also think that the Maguras in black would look much better against the yellow.

Here is some salt to be taken twice daily along with any comments I make:

salt_flats_bonneville_utah_usa.jpg

Well, I can successfully conclude that the Saracen is to stay and is definatley a keeper, a rider, and a thrasher :cool:

I did the HONC (Hell of the North Cotswolds) yesterday on it Here and it was faultless, no cracks or snaps. I think it deserved a medal itself for making it !

Also it did pass many modern full bounce blinged up bikes on the downhill sections with ease............ oh yea bring it on :cool:

gmonster_on_almost_the_last_climb_6.jpg

Back