1997 Kona Fire Mountain remix

gray

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I bought the Fire Mountain frame off Dave (Lewis 1641 - top man!) a few weeks ago because I had never had my own steel framed Kona and I am way too tight to buy an Explosif.

I had a dead '93 Diamond back Ascent with a few servicable components to butcher and a set of green ano Marzocchi DH3 so without any real idea about what I was doing or why I was doing it I got stuck in.

Inspired by a colour of a tin of Cadbury's heroes from last Christmas I painted the frame purple to replace the slightly too modern looking bright blue.

Using Mr Muscle oven cleaner, wire wool and wet and dry I set about stripping the green anodising off the DH3's.
At this point I would like to give maximum credit to Marzocchi for the quality and the ridiculous thickness of their green anodising which I now understand to be the hardest substance known to man :LOL:

Much, much later I polished them up and then polished everything else I could and stuck some tyres on....Voila!

I've blasted up and down my street a few times today between the rain showers and I love the way it rides and looks,
next job is to find that tiny little nut that goes on the LX rear mech so I can change gear.

35583991.3d22a2.jpg

35584006.cd87cf.jpg

35584014.666702.jpg

35584022.61fca8.jpg

35583932.3d4bf9.jpg

Outdoor shiny!

Spec

Frame: 1997 Kona Fire mountain - mountain shock

Fork: 1995 Marzocchi DH3 (3" travel) not green

Headset: M-part
Stem: Ameoba de-worded
Handlebar: Club Roost riser in red