What to do?

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Don't know what v brakes to get for my cannondale as not really had much experience with them, torn between XTR, avid magnesiums or avid arch rivals, they've got to work well as well as look good do quite like the look of the mangesiums and xtr any ideas?. Or has anyone got any other suggestions?. Bike is going to be white with red and black bits.

Also I've got red ano bars and headset, anyone think a red stem will be overkill?, thought i might go for a pace one in xtr grey if i got xtr brakes or maybe a nice polished titanium one?

Anyway any suggestions or comments would be appreciated cheers.

I've put Avid Black Op's Ultimates on the Lloyd with XTR levers - they completely mince the XTR with XTR levers that I have on the Explosif. So much more solid and inspiring (although I know the XTR's on the Kona have seen better days).

The Ultimates also look super cool - I'd like another set, and the levers, for buttons preferably :LOL:

Oooh not heard of those before or don't think I've seen the ultimates either sounds interesting though

Yup, as the boys say Avid Black Ops Ultimates rock. even more powerful than the legendary Arch Supreme. And incidentally when you return to Arch Supremes from Ultimates, the Supremes feel a bit spongy.

Ultimates all the way. But definately not cheap. Seem to pop up every now and then about half price though. They are one of those fad products that people buy and sell and then go and buy again.

:)

ymtqec.jpg

Not the best picture but here are the Avid Ultimate Black Op's on the Lloyd. I went for them because you can change the direction of the noodle - note this comes in from the right which is opposite of XTR. Works really well on this frame, although because the brake bosses are so far apart I needed some additional spacers under the pads.

Very powerfull with great feel.

I picked mine up of ebay for a bargain but I haven't seen any more as cheep - if I did I would now own two pairs :LOL:

CRC have them on offer though.

Yeah just found a pair on ebay 65quid just for the front or rear ouch!!, will have to keep an eye out to see if a pair pop up cheap. Anythoughts on the stem?

If you do decide on a red stem there's a red Syncros on Australian eBay that'll probably go cheap.

I'd probably go for something more neutral myself though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking think red headset stem and bars may look a bit poo, think I may go titanium or something like a pace stem in that grey colour.

Back