Xizang Vs Lightening

I'm fairly sure all of the Xizangs were polished. The lightening was the flat matt colour. The xizang was light and the lightening weighed a fair bit from memory.

Think the xizang was US made, lighter and generally better quality. The lightning was made elsewhere (taiwan? china?) of lower quality materials.

I think John is right , difference of quality and provenance . The xizang was used by the team to race .

xizange was built by sandvik, weighed 3.2lb for an 18in. tho to be honest if you properly polished the lightning & got replacement decals few people would be able to tell the difference ;)
I rode a mates xizange for 6months & despite being a tad back end flexy was a nice bike :)

if you properly polished the lightning & got replacement decals few people would be able to tell the difference

Which I'm sure happens a lot on ebay, you do seem to see a lot of xizangs with a matt finish :?

pronucation & fabrication

Anyone care to provide a phonetic version of the name?

I know some who rides one, and always refers to as the 'shiz-zang', and we always ask about the 'zi-zang'

The early ones had steel rear end bottled on the front, or was that a different / cheaper model?

Worked for the UK importers for a bit - always refereed to them as "shi-zangs". Not to say it's right though

Think you're right that the early models had steel back ends.

was gonna ask the same thing about pronunciation (sp?)

-we always called them " she-zang ", though other obvious hethens called them " Zi-Zang "

Never sure what was right. But we were better riders :?

Back