Worst Retro Crimes

I did fit a shark fin to claim some connection with the past. Still the world's coolest chainstay protector. And that's copper bottomed fact!

manitou916":2rpdl50l said:
Stripped and polished one of the first three Doug Bradbury Manitou's that arrived in the UK - was originally pale blue metallic - and got Doug to send me a set of his newer chunky decals to replace the thin original ones. Then CNC machined the front out of the Manitou CNC quill stem to emulate the revised model Doug briefly produced.

It seemed like a great idea at the time... :roll:

you're winning so far ;) :LOL:

Not mine,

But a month or so ago while waiting to cross the road on the way to work I had an interesting converation with the owner (German tourist) of a 94 Klein Adroit which had been decked out with panniers front and rear. The clamp on mounts certainly wern't doing the fade paint any good... :roll:

retro faux pas

i had a bright yellow ( early ) Muddy Fox - done out in pink bits ...... pink A-tac stem - pink bar ends - pink saddle - pink bolts - pink grips .....hmmm

Roady bar tape on my onza end ends?

Nowt wrong with that- its..........err....comfier........

I did though try to figure how I could get a clear space in the tape so the onZa logo would show................(Nonce and Poseur in one fell swoop there!).

Cheers,
Dav

Lysander":2aax48ni said:
Roady bar tape on my onza end ends?

Nowt wrong with that- its..........err....comfier........

Comfier... yes!

I guess this depends how much time you spend on the bar ends... when I was racing and training on the one bike I used to do huge fireroad rides where I spent most of the ride hunched over the bar ends sweating like a pig :oops:

Now I just pootle the fireroad bits and save my energy for singletrack :twisted:

I don't miss racing :D

My biggest crime has to be non matching seatpost and stem.

Control tech post with a Manitou stem, can you feel my shame?

B3":12b7w3cl said:
My biggest crime has to be non matching seatpost and stem.

Control tech post with a Manitou stem, can you feel my shame?

I don't think a Manitou stem could ever be a crime... but control tech commited the crime when they made those bendy posts :LOL:

Note. Congratulations to Mr Kawasaki for getting the Manitou stem off ebay for £5 this week!

Back