The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

five I really need some help! About years ago I got hold of a near perfect specialized s-works m2 1998, the bike I wanted when I was 17 and built it up. It's stayed in great condition at my parents house (no room here) untiil yesterday when it was nicked by some horrible scrotes. I have no idea how much to claim for in insurance. Please could someone help me cost these parts? All in excellent condtion.

Specialized m2 xx s-works frame in team red
late XTR group set excluding wheelset and brakes
White Brothers SC70 forks
Magura raceline brakes (yellow)
X-lite cross country riser bars
X-lite stem
Chris King headset
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Flite Titanium saddle
Wheels: XT hubs with mavic rims (can't remember which ones!)
Generic flat pedals, grips and seatclamp

Thank you in advance for any help!

£400-500?

Not sure but you might need a bike shop to verify a price for insurance. That's for another thread though.

ok i have been having a route around to try and find my winter riding gear and have come across some old team marin gear. It sadly no longer fits me and also i no longer have a Marin someone kindly stole my 94 indian fire trail some years ago so i have decided to see what it is worth on here. The jersey is from 1994 and is in purple with logos from onza, answer etc, There is also some shorts in black with a Marin logo down the side, these are black with white/grey marin lettering. There is also some winter tights, these are black with a purple panel down the side with green edging like in the jersey picture below. Tights and jersey are basically as new, the shorts are good condition, but have a small hole on one side where i came off.
I think they are all size medium, except the jersey which is i think a large, i will check these tonight and update you guys. What do you think they are worth??

marinjersey.jpg

Tioga Disc Drive

I've got a Tioga Disc Drive sitting in the shed, built onto an LX Silent Clutch hub and Mavic rim.

I still have the original Tioga Disc Drive carry bag, manual, pump adaptor and spoke key too.

Only problem is the drive side of the wheel itself is damaged and has been laced with ordinary spokes. I've still got all the parts removed from the wheel and the disc has been tied on for cosmetic purposes.

Just wondered if it's worth selling and if so, how much?

Thanks.

I'm about to sell 2 forks and would appreciate some guidance. First is a marzocchi xc51 removed from a kona aa. Holds pressure, feels smooth but paintwork not great. Second fork is a 1 inch ahead dh3 in really good condition. Again, seals are holding pressure. What do these go for?

Marin Bear Valley late Eighties?

Hi!, I'm hoping for some advice. A friend of mine is currently very ill and asked me to help sort out her garage for her. Inside we found her old mountain bike which is a Marin Bear Valley. I'm guessing its probably late eighties vintage as it has a sticker on it saying it was designed by Joe Murray. Its in pretty tatty condition but still has the original u-brake down by the bottom bracket, thumbshifters and mostly orginal parts.
Not sure what size it is - maybe a 16" as it pretty small. She wanted to chuck it in the skip but I thought someone out there might fancy it as a project? I have a few pics which i will try and attach. Any advice as to whether its worth trying to sell it or not, and if so any ideas on price would be great.
Thanks a lot
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,385
  • IMG_1120.GIF
    IMG_1120.GIF
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,385
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back