How many Pace's have we got here?

Look up the town of yorkshire - they should mention it somewhere...

There's a guy on here setting up a site which will give a bit of background. Essentially they're what we (the royal we) all dreamed of when growing up, they were always held on a pedestol. They were beautifully designed, engineered and built, and a certain sheep rode one. The sheep in question seemingly able to all-encompass the ethos of riding - out with mates and enjoying yerselves and the trees.

For me, being able to afford one 15 years or so later is one of my life-ambitions fulfilled.

It rides absolutely beautifully.

In comparison, my other object of lust (Klein) was a disappointment...

Totally agree with BoyBurning's sentiments. The Pace RC200 was always my 'bogey' bike, anything else I have ever owned or ridden is always compared to it.

I have wanted one since I first saw one in 1990.

Even now there is something very special about riding it.

The attention it garners, from old walkers and young DH'ers alike, always makes you feel a bit good.

Get one, but please build it with as much UK kit as possible. And check out the Pace threads on here for the 'rules of Yorkshire square' too see you right when you build it!

pace stuff is distributed in the US by QBP. Might be worth finding some dealer details to see if you can hunt one down over there.

Best of luck!

Yep, I'll third that, totally awesome bike, don't hit my Kona Lovers, but I prefer my RC200 to my old Kona Hei Hei Ti bike...

*hides from Kona Krew* :roll:

Rich

p.s. If you're quick, there's a Pace RC100 frameset going on ebay.de...just click on the Auction Watch tab at the top underneath the retrobike logo and click on the Pace icon, then scroll down to the Ebay.de section...urm, how good's your German? :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I thought I was special

Damn it thats the machining on the brake levers alright. It did have custom bullseye cranks with 2 pinch bolts on but someone nicked them after I left the garage door open, they'd just been chromed and look all shiney.

Need some proper forks for it though, got some horrible orange ones off an elite at the mo. Might go Accutrax or Ritchey logic - or will that be the ultimate sin?

Re: I thought I was special

Cherrymatt":3jpwaxq4 said:
Need some proper forks for it though, got some horrible orange ones off an elite at the mo. Might go Accutrax or Ritchey logic - or will that be the ultimate sin?

Gutted for you about the Bullseyes mate...got any piccies of your bike at the moment?

I think the Pace would look weird with Accutrax or Ritchey forks personally and against the square rule! :LOL:

You'll probably find a few RC30/35 forks knocking around this forum if you have a butchers!

Good luck, and get that bike back on the road!

Re: I thought I was special

Cherrymatt said:
It did have custom bullseye cranks with 2 pinch bolts on but someone nicked them after I left the garage door open, they'd just been chromed and look all shiney.
how come 2 pinch bolts, were they working loose ?

I agree with the above for forks, it is a sin to fit other brand forks - yes lets see some piccis, come on dont be shy.

The bullseyes were like it when I got the bike!!! As for the forks I will consider myself told!!

Anyone got some originals for sale let me know!!!

Will try and post a picture.

Back