Just found out a mate of mine is dead

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Was looking forward to birthday on sunday, not anymore. Just logged onto my facebook, and have found out a mate from primary school is dead. I was only chatting to him on facebook on sunday. Not sure what has happened yet, but i am gutted he is same age as me 28, i am 29 sunday and he is 29 in january. I haven't seen him for quite a few years as he lives in london, but he used to come back to exmouth devon to see his mum and stepdad. And we said on sunday when back down here next to meet up for a pint.

This has scared the crap out of me.

RIP mate :(

Had something similar last year, A lass from Primary school who I ended up meeting up with again at high school (after going to different middle schools) Dropped dead whilst on a business trip in Europe. Apparantly it was an undiagnosed heart problem, I only found out through facebook. Was really rather sad I had a huge crush on her back in highschool. Really the last person you would think would go young :(

Did make us pull our fingers out and organise a reunion though, from my primary school days, I know we have already sadly lost 2 of our class, this lass and a friend of mine bitd who ended up in the marines, only to be stabbed to death by his some what batty girlfriend.

People only cease to exist when you no longer remember them.

Think of them now.

Many friends are still alive laughing and sharing a joke, they'll be there with a smile and a wink or two fingers to the world laughing into a pint or playing footy in park or riding a bike or at a gig....

legrandefromage":39lhjtca said:

Think of them now.

Many friends are still alive laughing and sharing a joke, they'll be there with a smile and a wink or two fingers to the world laughing into a pint or playing footy in park or riding a bike or at a gig....
Very true

See if you can find/save some pics and put them on your wall.
28 is very young :cry: ,thats a real fu**ing shame

legrandefromage":35zqshnc said:

Think of them now.

X2 :D

Sorry for your loss mate :(

I'm not religious or a regular Church goer but during my previous career I had many colleagues and friends taken from me at stupidly young ages. I found some comfort in this poem.

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

We are tested each and every day, when death comes knocking on the door of friends or family we question our own mortality and the pain of loss is shocking and sometimes unbearable. Life continues and although memories can fade those that we call 'friend' or 'family' are never forgotten. No matter who you are, young or old, rich or poor when your name appears at the top of the page it's time to go.

:(

Back