Vintage Dunelt lightweight (1959?)

These rare birds were fitted with Weinmann 999 calipers and quick release levers. I have heard people poo poo these brakes and yeah, they are not Campy, but they were the bomb back in 1962 and they stop really well.
The Williams cotter cranks were strange to me and I never paid much attention to the cranks until recently. What I wonder about is the front chain sprocket wheels. They have no marking that I can see at least not with them installed on the bike, and the inner and outer are so close in size. The changeover when you shift is almost hard to notice. What the purpose of this variation from the norm was I can't quite understand. These days I see bikes with hydraulic calipers and discs just like a motorcycle has.

I have seen the frame on ebay and I'ts a bit different from mine. The lugs are different and it has a extra sticker on the seat tube. I'ts going to be interesting to follow the auction.

I had some communication with the seller and he indicated to me that he had very little (no) interest on the complete bike hence he is parting it out in order to get some revenue from it. Really a shame. Did not notice the lugs being different or the same as mine I'll have to look again and see. Are my cell phone pics good enough to see the lugs in comparison?

No your pics are to blurry and dosen't really show the steering tube. It would be nice if you could take some better pictures. I still have the plastic fenders, the seller told me that it's was original and I didn't really belive him but now I do.

It's very strange that there is so little information about these bikes. I've been i contact with oldroads.com and classicrendeveuz.com but no information. Been in contact with the historical bike club in sweden and they helped me a bit with the age question. My saddle has the Brooks brand stamped in the leather seat and one said they only did that until the 1950:s

I have reviewed your photos, the ebay photos, and my actual bike. The lugs look identical to me. Exactly what difference(s) do you think you are seeing? And I bet you never expected to find someone that had one of these from new did you? I am amazed that you have the fenders because back in the sixties I actually broke both of mine and bought replacements from my bike dealer who sold me the bike. I promptly broke both of the new ones and gave up. They seemed very fragile. Wish I had those and am looking into some sort of a close substitute. Do your fenders have the black mudflaps? And I notice the pump is not in your photos. Do you have that? Will try to give better pics today if I can.

no the pump is missing and the front fender is damaged and repaired. Don't really have the words to describe in english but I think my lugs are a little more "plain", "simple" than on the bike on ebay. But I will take a v´closer look tomorrow. Looking forward to see some better pics of your bike!

My saddle also has the Brooks stamped into the Leather on top, as well as the metal tag riveted on the rear. Underside the rear bracket says MADE IN ENGLAND and a PAT #

DUNELT 10 SPEED PICS

Attachments

• PICT0088.JPG
    PICT0088.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,191
  • PICT0100.JPG
    PICT0100.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,191
  • PICT0101.JPG
    PICT0101.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,191
Back