homebrew led bike lights

THWANG-666

Senior Retro Guru
hi all
home brew led bike lights
this is my latest one seoul p7 900lms @ 2.8 amps burn time 5 hrs 100% 8 hrs 50% then forever :mad: 25%
p71.jpg

full beam
p7high.jpg

and the twins about 1200lms
twinbattery.jpg

thwang

I managed to get one of those £50 900 lumen ones from Hong Kong - are you able to make yours more cheaply? If so can you make me a helmet mounted one? :D

hi all
the magicshine ones are very good now the mk1,s had very poor final inspection at the factory. they are about 700/800 lms not the claimed 900 lms as they are only run at 2.4 amp for me to make some it would cost alot more than £50 the parts alone to build my p7 was £40 ish and thats not including my time making the body. but i am looking in to making some twin xp-g,s .
thwang

THWANG-666":275xd09v said:
hi all
the magicshine ones are very good now the mk1,s had very poor final inspection at the factory. they are about 700/800 lms not the claimed 900 lms as they are only run at 2.4 amp for me to make some it would cost alot more than £50 the parts alone to build my p7 was £40 ish and thats not including my time making the body. but i am looking in to making some twin xp-g,s but thats pie in the sky at the moment.
thwang

The $35 p7's do not have any cables so make perfect commuter lights. And lets face it we dont need 900 lumens commuting (900 bullets would come in handy though)

Brilliant job and nice machined case.

Can I pick your brains?

Where did you get your battery pack and charger from, I cant find anything around for a reasonable price (10-15volts 4-5000mAh)

I'm making my own 2 x Cree XRE light at the mo.

Cheers!

Back