A little birdie told me... hockey stick tape...

CyclingTheLakes

Devout Dirtbag
... if you are one of those who go really Vintage with a capital V,

for Bar Tape, if you should be one of those who like regular cotton bar tape, the same size in general, rather inexpensive, Hockey Stick Tape... I'm experimenting, I found some. It's not nearly as thick and rough and tough as special cotton bar tape, Tressostar or whichever brand ... but I think it will serve these purposes I am using it for okay. Vs. the examples I show, they make them in flag colours, all kinds and for field hockey as well. It is very reasonably priced.

Attachments

• tape_colors.jpg
    tape_colors.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,052
Wow...now that women have taken half the ice rink time away from the boys....fashion comes to hockey too. Who ever would have thought a stick would get wrapped in anything but black....I must be getting really old.

Okay, apologies to you in the UK for such language, I am in fact, leaving this forum because of thus described acts; it is discrimination, but in leaving you:

Since 1986, I've supported the English football national team, cheered them on during lean times with Sven, and now, here, UKAYERS get me upset, and here, I've been a loyal 3 lions football fan and as we know, they have a very good shot to win the World Cup next year, one never knows how the teams will "shake out" but I'd put them right behind Brazil and Italy as the favourites.

Books, we always can read... I found a book from the UKay, by a Vin Denson I believe, not reading it now, I am reading tomorrow we ride and a few other books, Pantani, but I won't be around here, for repugnant behaviour levelled at me... internet, few places, where this skullduggery can occur unpunished..

British footy books I;'ve read are numerous, best are the ones on Brian Clough, read one on Sir Stan Matthews and have one to read on Sir Tom Finley, the Matthews book was pretty ace, but very long reading, so set aside some time to go through it, maybe bits at a time or something..... that's all....

And the Viscount, what a British bike but maybe a bit precarious as to taking it on a long camping trick, maybe I'll work it out, etc. etc. etc.

CyclingTheLakes":1rprieb5 said:
gm1230126:

Even you stalkers can use hockey tape. What a nonsensical reply. Pay for crimes, don't be rude to people. Molesting Arse Hole

:shock:

I have absolutely no idea what the above refers to but is seems pretty unnecessary and unrelated to the topic in question or gm1230126's comment. Suggest if there is an issue then best discussed via PM.

Oh... the US flag would do great on my SwissCross?

Hockey%20Stick%20color%20fan.jpg

I am wondering: How much is one roll? Can I wrap one bar with it? Can I wrap many bars with one roll? :p

I've recently bought lengths of cotton tape from a haberdashery shop, available in a variety of colours. It's like cloth bar tape without the sticky. I read somewhere to put it on wet and then it will shrink on to the bars tightly. Pay around 45 - 50p a metre, 5 metres should do a pair of drop bars.

Never seen Hockey Stick Tape, where do you get it? General sports shops?

Back