Fluffy kittens

We have had post at work and at home. Postman for work said he doesn't want to strike and can't afford to. Thanked him for his delivery :cool:

Somebody is lying to us.

Last night in their press conference (broadcast on BBC Radio 4's programme "pm"), the CWU referred to the main sticking point being that they had received a letter from the MD of the Royal Mail (Adam Crozier?) which amounted to a veto of the agreement reached on Tuesday by the union and the company negotiators.

This morning the Operations Director of the Royal Mail stated (again on Radio 4) that the Royal Mail were ready to sign the agreement exactly as it was reached on Tuesday, and he called on the CWU to do the same.

Clearly these can not both be true. So who is lying to us?

I don't like being lied to.

in sheffield we have posties on strike, firemen on strike, bus drivers on strike. Leeds have binmen on strike..... its like goin back to my schooldays again to face the long winters of discontent.
maybe coincidence, but back in the 70's there had a been a long term of labour govt in term also. And I saw thathcher on the news this week .... maybe she's poised for another go :roll:

Just been told that the union 'orders of battle' are sorting staff out one day then delivary staff the next. So max affect for minimum loss of pay. Hence why some are getting letters.

cce":3ouwhk0p said:
postmen seem to forget that their job is basically low level manual labour.

I'm quite sure you do a job that is wonderful and worthy unlike the rest of the plebs but you should work on your social skills and your point reallyb says nothing.

Are you really saying that only "worthy" jobs should have rights for worker :evil:

What rights are they fighting for though, could someone tell me?

They go to work, get paid, have holidays, the work isn't bad, i can think of much worse jobs, chicken factory anyone? Or all those carers who realistically earn below minimum wage, or contract cleaners who have their wages docked for not cleaning enough rooms (unrealistic targets set), so what rights are we fighting for that requires us to stick together in solitude over the evil corporations / state institutions?

clockworkgazz":223ntv8u said:
cce":223ntv8u said:
postmen seem to forget that their job is basically low level manual labour.

I'm quite sure you do a job that is wonderful and worthy unlike the rest of the plebs but you should work on your social skills and your point reallyb says nothing.

Are you really saying that only "worthy" jobs should have rights for worker :evil:

I think he meant they cant expect massive wages and lots of benefits .
unfortunately , very few people want to do low paid manual work those days like farming , cleaning , catering etc... hence the need for immagrants , but lets not go there . :roll: :LOL:

Back