Worst Retro Crimes

Corduroyboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello from a newbie - posted an intro in the correct place but no-one seemed to notice :oops:

Just reading the 'Rules for bike building' thread and began to repent for my sins........

So what is your worst retro sin?
I once (not quite BITD but still a long while ago) replaced the U-brake bosses on an early '90s/late 80's? GT Avalanche cro-mo frame with canti bosses to make it look more modern. :roll:
I've C-16 stickered a couple of Clockworks in my time (only because that was all I could get hold of at the time)
And now I've got 4-bolt cranks on both my LTS-DH and Breezer Jet Stream. :oops:

I'm sorry.... :cry: Please forgive me...... :cry: :LOL:

buying lime green and pink bottle cages, grips, bars, rear mech guard and iscaselle saddle :oops: for a raleigh magnum (1st mtb)

Howdo!

Missed yer posting - will have a browse in a bit!

I nearly did the same very thing with my '92 Avalanche. Came to about '94 and I was thinking it needed 'updating'... It was only the thought of having to strip the frame for the respray afterwards that stopped me...!

Looking back now I'm so glad I didn't cos the U-Brake GTs are so much better than the latter ones i my opinion (sorry everyone with a post'93 frame...).

I also wanted to swap out the 'Flip-Flop' stem and 3D forks but could never afford it. Again, very glad I didn't cos they look so good as an 'ensemble' of bits - like a poor-person's Klein with matching stem, forks frame etc.

Jeremy, never mind them...

Didn't you used to ride in tight, ripped jeans, cut down into shorts...?

lol!

I never made any.

Always been too cool for school me.

Apart from the brand new XT groupo on a '94 Pace of course...

not so much "my" crime but almost became an accomplice

got bought , by an ex , the most hideous neon pink and purple under saddle bag

was in the situation , you know , do i hurt her feelings or look like a right twat

she got hurt :twisted:

took it back for the refund ;)

:LOL:

Couldn't afford a Turbo saddle so I bought a Turbo saddle cover (remember them!) and fitted it to my Shogun TrailBreaker's OEM saddle. (Shame :cry: :oops: :? :roll: :oops: )

I did in my defence buy a real Turbo about 6 months later.

Oh the halcyon days when I used to wait for months to buy a £15 saddle! :LOL:

Back