1938 Fleet (Schwinn) C-model Klunker Project

A little progress.

Frame and fork back from the sand blaster.

P1100738.jpg

P1100741.jpg

P1100739.jpg

Emptied a can of self-etching primer on it. Still need to fill a couple divots, do some sanding, and spray with some white primer. If the weather holds, my friend is going to squirt on some single stage urethane in Austin Healey Old English White and Black on Oct 18th

P1100745.jpg

P1100747.jpg

P1100751.jpg

This is gonna be sweet. Thinking Indian summer for you. No hurries if it gets cold. You have way too much time invested in this project....

Ductape":3pgss04v said:
This is gonna be sweet. Thinking Indian summer for you. No hurries if it gets cold. You have way too much time invested in this project....

Thanks for the encouragement T

Yeah, I'm hoping for a nice 70F/20C day to paint over that weekend.

The priming and sanding are coming along. Hopefully the weather will be good enough next weekend!

In the meantime, I made a couple more acquisitions:

NOS Odyssey Triple Traps (in blue to match the Ukais - I know they are a bit too new for a klunker, but I couldn't resist the blue ano and I like a big pedal platform anyway):

TripleTraps.jpg

1938 Motorbike Truss Rods (my other pair were a bit wavy and I had to put a twist in one to make it fit... these are much nicer!)

MotorbikeTrussRods.jpg

Three spray cans of white primer later and a final sanding with a scotch-brite pad, I think we're ready for paint this weekend.

That was the first time I've used a scotch-brite on automotive primer -- it really works great and kept me from cutting through like I usually do with wet-or-dry sandpaper.

DSC_0005.jpg

can you not go any quicker? :roll:

Is the unvail due to coincide with the bikes 100th anniversary!!

Al, ;)

al":2t9k083f said:
can you not go any quicker? :roll:

Is the unvail due to coincide with the bikes 100th anniversary!!

Al, ;)

I know it's killing me :shock:

Good news it that we had a couple warm days here in Michigan and we got the paint on!

Single Stage Urethane,
Jet Black & Ford Cortina Old English White

P1100759.jpg

P1100760.jpg

One coat of Acrylic Sealer, 3 coats of white, 24h of drying and the stencils applied

P1100753.jpg

P1100754.jpg

P1100752.jpg

Two coats of black

P1100757.jpg

P1100758.jpg

45 minutes of drying and the stencils removed

P1100762.jpg

P1100763.jpg

P1100761.jpg

I'll sand/smooth the edges and polish it in a few weeks, then wait to spring to have it pin striped blue.

I know... hurry up and wait, but this urethane takes a long time to fully cure and fully shrink. I'm not going to ride in winter anyway.

Looking fantastic J. Where did you get the stencils for the darts?

Can't wait to see this built up.

Fantastic!!

If only you could just send one picture a day,as to prolong my enjoyment of the build. :D

Al, grey streaked hair is in at the mo'! but not down stairs!

Klunker

J,
Great choice of colors. This bike keeps getting better all the time. The suspense must be killing ya. I finally won a set of TA's last week so I am guessing I am only about 9 months behind you with my C build. Glad the weather warmed up .It was rainy and cold out west and I figured you wer e also getting cold weathered out. now you have all winter to gather and polish .....

Sweet!

Back