I'm going to post this because I like it...

messiah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
anatomy_of_a_bicycle.jpg

Enjoy!

That reminds me of an amazing old place called 'The Hub' on Berry Street in town. Two shops - one a great little bike shop, with the other turned into a cafe with all the furniture commisioned by artists and made from old bike bits! Had a penny farthing which rolled across an opening that separated the two untis so that they could shut the shop off at night but keep the cafe open. Was an amazing place with open mic nights and great, great veggie food! Sold 5 or so years back and now a trendy wine bar...
All the radiators were made from handlebars, and it recycled all it's own water, had solar collectors, the works. Very sadly missed - the owner used to ride in everyday from Southport which is a bit of a trek too...

BoyBurning":1xvuj9ad said:
Pulstar hubs...!

The one of the left is definitely a Shimano wheel, the one on the right is a rareish 18 hole jobbie. Maybe an radial Hope hub laced to a special rim? :)

BoyBurning":3f49g4a9 said:
That reminds me of an amazing old place called 'The Hub' on Berry Street in town. Two shops - one a great little bike shop, with the other turned into a cafe with all the furniture commisioned by artists and made from old bike bits! Had a penny farthing which rolled across an opening that separated the two untis so that they could shut the shop off at night but keep the cafe open. Was an amazing place with open mic nights and great, great veggie food! Sold 5 or so years back and now a trendy wine bar...
All the radiators were made from handlebars, and it recycled all it's own water, had solar collectors, the works. Very sadly missed - the owner used to ride in everyday from Southport which is a bit of a trek too...

I was in there once... I thought it was great.

Messiah,

Glad you got to see it before it shut. Really wish I'd taken some pics cos it's hard to explain what it was like - but you never think of these things at the time...

It was a fantastic place and an idea which I still love.

I though it was great and when I look back I'm pretty sure I went a few times when I was hanging about in Liverpool.

It was a funky building put to a funky use - I really liked it.

Back