Rules for bike building

Bring out the Retro Bike fashion Police.

Velorution%20-%20Vintage%20police%20bicycle.jpg

Whatever next?

Let us not forget this whole 'retrobike' thing is about fun...

Lead us not into the concours car route,
and deliver us from having to have a UN72BB on XT cranks,
For thine is the retro, the syncros and the ringle,
for ever and ever, amen.

Stick Legs":3ne6pxa1 said:

Lead us not into the concours car route,
and deliver us from having to have a UN72BB on XT cranks,
For thine is the retro, the syncros and the ringle,
for ever and ever, amen.

Nice. :cool:

Answers are:

-Yes (pedant!)
-Any brakes and any hubs but you must use Hope brakes if you have hope hubs. You 'may' use hope brakes on other hubs (except shimano) only if you already own the hubs and wish to upgrade your brakes. All of this also comes under the 'King Exclusion Ruling' which states that you can, and I quote, 'use King with anything as it's bling'
-Skewers can be any variety (except shimano), but should be of matching or contrasting colour (not clashing - see anodising ruling further up) and must match front and rear.
-Maguras are allowed on a hangered fork as they predate suspension forks, ideally though the hanger should be replaced with an overly engineered bit of CNC to suit the germanic brakes.
-Finally, suspension hub on rigid - good (reminds me of when I was a kid and couldn't afford the forks but could get the hub, but I told myself it was the first step in the full Sus 5 year plan), skinny on a suspension fork- only when appropriate i.e. when used on a Ritchey P20 or similarly lightweight bike, or as part of a full XTR m900 set.

Hope that covers everything, now get out to your shed and make those amendments to your bikes quick-sharp! ;)

...please say that no-one is taking this thread seriously, are they? I'm just writing whatever nonsence comes into my head because I am thoroughly bored at work, although that said I still stand by the GT U-brake thing....

I don't think that anyone is taking this seriously... I am just preempting the conours d'elegance at Retrobike meets in years to come!

Also I thought up the prayer and had to use it! :)

pete_mcc":3353o63m said:
Hope that covers everything, now get out to your shed and make those amendments to your bikes quick-sharp! ;)

Well it looks like I may have a bit of work to do....

Is Magura raceline yellow considered citrus (ie lemon) enough to be installed on an Orange?

I have a Pace RC30 fork on my Bontrager Race :oops: ......if someone has a Bontrager Rigid fork spare or Bontrager Judy Crown I will quite happily switch the Pace to my Dave Yates ;)

stu

Back