Rules for bike building

Stick Legs....you are busted!!!!!

You state: Risers, stems no longer than 100mm please.

Did you not offer me a Salsa stem some 130mm in length when I placed a want add for a stem to take risers ???

GOTCHA!

knobby":1ovq4lwm said:
Stick Legs....you are busted!!!!!

You state: Risers, stems no longer than 100mm please.

Did you not offer me a Salsa stem some 130mm in length when I placed a want add for a stem to take risers ???

GOTCHA!

:LOL: You follwed the rules though and quite rightly did not buy it. You passed the test!

Salsa Stem, 130mm x 0 rise 1 1/8"... Still avalible ;)

kanerdog1x1":3tgg8dez said:
thou shalt not have odd rims.

I disagree on the matching rims... back in the day on my race bike I used campag rims on the front (Atek) and Mavic (M231) on the rear.

The Atek was lighter but the Mavic was stronger but heavier (eyeletted, better to take the strain of the dishing) - both however were silver!!!

Better to say - "though shalt not run different colour rims front and rear". :D

Sidenote - why did CD or dark anodised rims always die quicker than silver rims? I gave up on CD rims after I had a few crack either at the breaking surface or near the eyeletts. Silver rims didn't seem to suffer from the same cracking and I managed to wear the rims right down to the box section :cool:. Could this be another thread?

I still prefer silver rims for this reason especially where rim brakes make the sides silver anyway (but I willingly admit to being aestheticaly challanged :oops: ).

As some might say:

Stem and seatpst the same (or style) [GUILTY]
Front and rear mech the same.

Good point:
carbon parts the same style, in stead of shiny carbon with nude carbon parts.
Barends slightly flat in stead of upright.
Saddle in the middle in stead of nose far in front or on the rear.

Oh and please no spacers on top of the stem.

No changing brand or model decals on your frame .
➡️
avalanche to a zaskar
Saracen to ritchey
Clockwork to Prestige
Kestrel to Trek :?

3b41_1.JPG

to name a few

why do it, unless to con people :evil: , I cannot understand the above bike owners reasoning tho :?:

Can we amend the 'Rocky' rule to: -Early Rockys must have syncros kit. later ones Race Face.
-Yetis must have blue Ringle bits
-Tioga disk drives must be used singularly, but you must have a matching F&R set of Heds
-In a pace frame/pace forks way: Bonty Race or Race lites must use Bonty forks or bonty crowned forks
-29ers may only be riden by americans
-The one part you want on ebay will only appear the day after you've just had a hefty bill/appear in germany with no paypal
-M2 sworks only with FSXs
-Hope hubs, hope brakes
-Salsa frame, salsa stem
-Potts/WTB frame, rollercam. GT frame, U-brake
-Roberts/yates/lloyd frame, middleburn crank
-Syncros stem, syncros post
-Baggy shorts, baggy top (ideally woolly like swobo)
-Lycra top, fingerless gloves - never full gloves
-Full face helmet, peak
-Stickers must only be displayed on bikes if the bike contains those parts
-Wheel QRs must be matching as must brake pads (although colour/compound can vary)
-No v brakes on suspension forks with a front cable hanger

pete_mcc":f48rcn65 said:
-Yetis must have blue Ringle bits
-29ers may only be riden by americans
-Hope hubs, hope brakes
-No v brakes on suspension forks with a front cable hanger

Couple of minor questions:

Shouldn't Yeti's have Turq bits not blue?
What brakes are acceptable for non disc Hope hubs? And do I have to use Hope skewers??
It it acceptable to run Maguras on a hangered fork?

Also is there any ruling on running suspension hubs on rigid forks and vice versa?? I assume this is also a big no no! ;)

Back