• SRAM RED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SRAM FORCE

• CAMPAG RECORD

• Total voters
ededwards":s8tgdv1q said:
..... Actually, whatever you do don't go with 11 speed Campag as the new horn shape of the Ergos is really ugly ....

agreed! but its really comfy - most comfortable levers Ive ever used and far better than the pre-2009 shape. Also the safest. There seems to be a perfect match between hand and lever when braking on the top and no chance of the hand sliding off. Given the choice, I wouldnt use anything else.
I accept its not retro, but at least you can get centaur in silver alloy for less than £100 instead of carbon.
PS mine are 10 speed, matched to a shimano 9 speed back end.

Id go used 10 speed + the carbon fiber cranks

especially if you can analize how worn it is before you buy it.... (ive gotten lucky with the teeth ive bought of ebay thus far....)

fairly sure i have decided.

I'm so poor atm i have weeks to keep churning it over though, no doubt ill change my mind 7 or 8 times before then:p

I'm going to get wheels/tyres next, but theyll probably arrive before the frame. then groupo. and ill do the controls properly overtime as i get more money. (will build up with just basic stuff to get going)

I'd go used Record with alloy cranks.

This is a good time to buy used 10 speed parts as lots of people are jumping to 11 speed and Campy shifters can be rebuilt. The alloy cranks will be a bit heavier than a set of record UT cranks, but they are more period correct on a Masterlight and the price diff is pretty big (if you had a C-50, however . . . ).

Call me a purist (or a snob) but I feel the "S" brands have no place on a Colnago.

im fairly sure im actually going to go 11sp. ive seen a masterlight in the same colour scheme and the black actually looks better than silver.

sancho":3q5wjfh8 said:
Call me a purist (or a snob) but I feel the "S" brands have no place on a Colnago.

yes and no, sram red is great on a cx-1 or EPS, they are pure flat out weapons and red works with them. doesnt go on a masterlight though.

Latest posts

Back