stevet1":36ru0tmy said:
orange71":36ru0tmy said:
Interesting that mine (original Vit T) has 1 1/8" headset and is '92 :shock:

So has mine - I asked about this and was told a few of the earlier original frames (4 maybe?) were made with 1 1/8" headsets.

Interesting again, why on earth did they make circa 4? The cynic in me says that these 4 or so were just made to the wrong spec. As always i suspect I am wrong.

ededwards":2kz6s7dq said:
stevet1":2kz6s7dq said:
orange71":2kz6s7dq said:

So has mine - I asked about this and was told a few of the earlier original frames (4 maybe?) were made with 1 1/8" headsets.

Interesting again, why on earth did they make circa 4? The cynic in me says that these 4 or so were just made to the wrong spec. As always i suspect I am wrong.

Searched and found the thread and actually it seems you're dead on :LOL:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47959&highlight=orange+vitamin#47959(scroll through the posts)

stevet1":pdgmocb3 said:
ededwards":pdgmocb3 said:
stevet1":pdgmocb3 said:
orange71":pdgmocb3 said:

Searched and found the thread and actually it seems you're dead on :LOL:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47959&highlight=orange+vitamin#47959(scroll through the posts)

Woah, first time I think I've ever been right! Cause for a celebration this evening I reckon.

Actually having a 1 1/8th headtube must be handy for finding forks, headsets and the like.

deffo 1 1/8" as I've just put a different stem in. That makes it one of 5 made this way? And one of the first 5 ever or what?

Sorry to hijack this thread :oops:

Latest posts

Back