2010 Area Events Coordinators - PLEASE READ!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Perhaps long overdue, but here nevertheless are the Retrobike plans to coordinate area and national events in 2010!

To do so we need to recruit Area Event Coordinators and Deputies to work together and with us to develop and deliver our comprehensive 2010 Retrobike Events Calendar.

Our overall goal is to convert as many 'digital' RB'ers into more active riders through greater choice and access to rideouts and events and continue to attract local potential RB'ers through local recruitment - bringing them/us together at national coordinated events.

Here's an overview or our plan:

> To recruit Area Event Coordinators ('AECs') and Deputies to cover the 9 identified territories for a one year term of office - shared/merged territories where necessary.

> The AECs to be given moderation tasks/permissions on the forum relating to their Area threads/topics. AECs will be asked to moderate these forum areas and report where necessary to senior moderators on issues including content, offensive language/behaviour etc.

> The AECs to endeavour to meet with other AECs (riding or social opportunities) with a possible annual meeting at some stage - to share ideas and encourage larger groups of activity.

> Area Reps will get some special AEC merchandise and other 'rewards'!

Typical minimum activities level required from each AEC and Deputy:

1. Regular local ride organisation and activities - 3 per year initially (can be more of course) - coordinated with/through myself.

2. Active recruiting new riders/forum participants through your area LBSs and other local cycling clubs - there will be a prize for the area that grows the most in 2010... An official RB poster will be made available to AECs etc.

3. Each Area to ride/support with at least one other official or calendarised Area event during the year.

4. There will be 'National' Retrobike status events in the RB calendar for 2010 ie. MM 10/OWMTBC 2010/Peaks Ride/Turkey Twizzler/2010 Scottish event - these events to take precedence and not clash with other local rides (where possible). Each Area group to try to attend/support one of the 2010 national events.

5. Inter area banter and activity of pretty much any level is to be encouraged eg. Bike Show away days/accommodation/Xmas dinners/Quiz nights etc.

Final comments - this coordinated programme does not preclude individuals continuing to organise smaller local and ad hoc activities through the area threads. However, we wish to be able to promote and post a comprehensive and reliable calendar of events for 2010 that enables newbies and old hands alike to be able to plan ahead. It will also enable the Retrobike moderation team to assess and support the development of activities in your area, along with making bigger and better representation at larger and national events.

What to do next? If you fancy the post of AEC or Deputy, or wish to suggest/nominate an individual that may be interested, please PM me directly. Closing date for applications will be in 10 days. The 2010 Retrobike Calendar will be published in December once all appointments have been made and events plans coordinated.

We count on your support and goodwill to make this programme successful for the benefit of all Retrobikers!

Mr K - Neil
Retrobike National Area Coordinator 2010

Sounds like good idea, anything to give the missus/work more notice.

We will start discussing our rep decisions in the area thread.

Also Mactretro is quite a large area so making the poster available to more people will help, many of us have printing facilities so a PDF would be fine.

Applying order to the Anarchic Commune approach we currently have, hmmm, interesting experimental procedure is proposed here.

Worth a go if nowt else :D

I wouldn't want to suggest we are 'applying order' - more supporting/encouraging networking across area groups and opening area activities to non-Retrobike people.... is this an application BTW?? ;-)

Mr K

I think Velo would make an excellent choice for MacRetro. Large area so one of the highlanders as deputy would be a smart move too.

How is the process coming along Cap'n K?

Dr S":ti2ve1lh said:
I think Velo would make an excellent choice for MacRetro. Large area so one of the highlanders as deputy would be a smart move too.

If you mean have I received your PM - the answer's no! ;-)

Mr K

PS. Nor from your Deputy...

mrkawasaki":95wa65qp said:
Dr S":95wa65qp said:

If you mean have I received your PM - the answer's no! ;-)

Mr K

PS. Nor from your Deputy...

Whos to say I'm the man for the job?? That is for others to decide. I await with my sword to do the good fight. ;)

Nearly the last call...

It's not an election/popularity contest! We need volunteers to PM me ASAP so I can develop the coordinated network.

Can anyone interested in becoming an Area Events Coordinator or Deputy please PM me directly - thanks.

Mr K

Back