95 Kilauea - Rebuild and refresh - Finished! 18/10/09

Anthony":893ea0z7 said:
That's good work, and it's going to be a great bike to ride. It is in fact a 1995 frame, but pretty much identical to the 1994 as far as I'm aware.

The last Kona to be made with a Tange tubeset. They had used Tange Prestige Concept ever since 1990, first on the Explosif from 1990-92 and then on the Kilauea from 1993 to 95.

Hi, newbi here, [ot]

got recomended to this place after a ride with some singletrack world forum lads a few weeks ago, found this thread just today, Exccellent job on the 95 kili, it's the same bike as I have [from new]- as for identical to the 94 vintage, I had one of each- I bought the 94 [slightly metallic grey with mainly LX gruppo] but it suffered with chainsuck [what didn't], anyway the chain dragged the rear mech round and took the dropout with it...... took bike to dealer- who said they would send the bike to second level for warranty repair, the courier company lost the bike, so second level gave me the 95 version to replace it, and just charged me a bit for postage- RESULT-

Still got and ridin the bike now- bit like triggers broom though, only the hubs, frame, forks, and bars/stem are original now. :D

PS great job on the rebuild !- has got me thinking.........

ps, i want your cranks... with the red spider & everything. some middleburns & a more pimpy seatpost are the only things i need to complete my lava dome.

Back