East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

23rd June happens to be today's date according to Carol's camera. :roll:

I'm pleased with it. The cable outers need replacing and a few of the bolts are manky but that's about all. What came off it has been stripped down, overhauled and put back, with the exception of the chain, jockey wheels and cassette.
It is a real collection of components that in their day were respected and worked well together, having been upgraded when the original spec Suntour Ltd stuff wore out. Front hub: Suntour xc pro with grease ports, still smooth as silk. Rear hub: XT because Suntour spares suddenly became difficult to obtain in '95 ish. Rear mech: Suntour xc pro. Bottom bracket: Action Tec titanium. Shifters: Suntour xc pro. Levers: Dia comp SS7. Brakes: Dia comp 987s. Small and middle rings: Onza buzz-saw stainless.
So the only original 1991 parts are frame, fork, headset, stem, cranks, big ring and front mech.

.....and back again. Doesn't even need a wash (the bike). Headset tightening the only required fettle.
One puncture
One crash.

Dry, no wind, stacks of cake.

Attachments

• CC4s.jpg
    CC4s.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 595
Time for an update on the lights.

This is how it was over a week ago:

Orange71 - Yes
Dr Tony - on order
Dr Colin - yes
Rc200ti - on order
unocogero - Yes and on order and can loan a light
Khane - Yes
Perry - looking into
Simon (Ed's mate) - on order
John (Rob's mate) - unknown
Cherrybomb - yes

Rob - has yours arrived yet? If not Matt could you lend him one? Shall we go for weds night this week? Weather a bit iffy, but it's only what we're going to get the rest of the winter so might as well man up :roll: :D

My new waterproof socks and gloves have arrived too :D

Hey, good times :cry: Slipped a disc on Sunday morning putting down a angle saw. Saw physio today, possibly 3 weeks before on a bike again but he was optomistic it could be sooner.

Recons it might be caused by overtight hamstrings not flexing when riding and putting all the pressure on my lower back :cry:

Three injuries in a row...my luck must change soon :evil:

Your falling apart matt :LOL: you remind me of a mate who had a permanent cold

pft , not keeping up with the yoga then ?

i do say this alot but then i have good reason to (i wouldnt be riding now if it wasn't for) have you tryed a chiropractor ??

could be worth a visit it may speed your recovery some what.

perry":21sei004 said:
Your falling apart matt :LOL: you remind me of a mate who had a permanent cold

pft , not keeping up with the yoga then ?

That would be chronic Rhinitis possibly caused by an allergy...let him know!

I think it's a sign of aging and a mis-spent youth, youth ;)

Khane":3usl5bh5 said:
i do say this alot but then i have good reason to (i wouldnt be riding now if it wasn't for) have you tryed a chiropractor ??

could be worth a visit it may speed your recover some what.

The physio was pretty good today. If he can sort me out i'll stick with him, otherwise I'll have to get more serious :?

Back