BoTM October 2009 - Nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J i m s t e r":32t8n0ok said:
If you want ornaments, stones and photo frames are a lot easier to polish and carry around. :twisted:

But then I would have to join some highfalutin rare stones or photo frames online forum, and if I think this scene has some snobs with their special avatars, i could only imagine what those sites would be like :roll:

;)

Well, here is my first stab at BOTM.
Its a 1990 Overburys Pioneer. It was custom built (in a garage in Bristol :LOL: ) from Columbus OR and was colour speced by the previous owner.
Its got a mix of Deore LX and DX (plus some XT levers, for the hawk-eyed out there ;) ).
Its completely stock, right down to its original Farmer Johns Nephews that still have the knoblies on :D
I also have the original quotation correspondance between the previous owner and Overburys, plus the receipt of sale and owners manuals.

It had never been used off-road before I got my mitts on it, but has seen plenty since.

Full spec, and some more pics, here... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75562

Anyhow, here are a few pics.....

Cycprus019.jpg

Cycprus024.jpg

Ohh, almost forgot the weight. Its about the same as my Clockwork and Jamis....... combined!!

GoldenEraMTB":bi7ln31t said:
...and if I think this scene has some snobs with their special avatars, i could only imagine what those sites would be like :roll:...

Avatars you find on the internet are much better. :cool:

halaburt":10qgstnt said:
GoldenEraMTB":10qgstnt said:
...and if I think this scene has some snobs with their special avatars, i could only imagine what those sites would be like :roll:...

Avatars you find on the internet are much better. :cool:

;)

update

incase anyone else believes I missed halaburt's drift, my current avatar is of a photo taken from his page...please, everyone take note, my avatar is a photo taken by and belonging to, halaburt.

I felt I needed to clarify this post, after receiving a pm on it, to which I responded as such:

No, I understood, and thus the wink. I'll replace with a photo of my own Phoenix Ti headtube, as soon as I take one this week.

Nice page, by the way, with good photos and documenting of your phoenix ti. Sorry you're annoyed.

and may I add, I've looked at halaburt's page several times, before and after purchasing my phoenix...it's a great page and an inspiration to me, as it should be to us all. Thank you, halaburt.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back