Proflex Beast Animal K2 5.5" LONG TRAVEL Kit!!!!!

Lysander

Comedy Genius
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
might have a punt at that. Have asked him how much to send to uk and which models it'll fit...

Yup- do it! I wan't to see how they work! Get his 8 speed ultegra shifters too- must be more than just me with 8speed groupsets!

Cheers,
Dav

Lysander":1bn2r49y said:
Yup- do it! I wan't to see how they work! Get his 8 speed ultegra shifters too- must be more than just me with 8speed groupsets!

Cheers,
Dav

I'm still using 7 on my road bike. That beast kit looks interesting.

I did some web trawledge- long travel kits were the first thing that RDS ever sold.......wonder if this is one of them- all the way to US and back! Couldn't get that much more about them, though. Be a good experiment to see a Proflex turned into a Plush Long Travel Ride/Rattling Deathtrap*.

Cheers,
Dav

*Delete as appropriate

there was a pictore of one of these kite fitted to a proflex on the id riders/proflex forum

He photoshopped how it would fit to my bike - he's been very good with his comms - would be great if I could win this after all that!

This is what he said:
The mechanism takes the shock and makes it into a 4 bar linkage. It does so by adding two linkages above the main swingarm and nestling in the normal seat stays into the small silver L bend. I used it for a year or so and liked having the longer travel. I started working at a bike shop though and so my proflex sadly ( i really wish i'd ended up keeping it) got replaced by an FSR

Attachments

• 855long travel.jpg
    855long travel.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,810
Excellent! I thought perhaps the ends would go at the top shock mount, but figgered it made a triangle and therefore rigid geometry- but of course one side of the triangle has the shock, so can change length...d'oh!............had a quick look at the auction, I take it you're 'Orangjusty1971'?- Good luck, I want ter see them work- a classic retro retro-fit part!!

Cheers,
Dav

Ed - for a moment then i thought someone else had a bike set up just like yours!

Callum was looking for some bits for one of his LTKs for me a while ago... I'll have to get round to chasing him up!
I won't get into a bidding war with ya Mr Orange, but please put in a decent enough bid to win it!

Back