Dorset/Purbecks ride aftermath

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Well, what a great day! Weather was a bit overcast and chilly when met at the ferry.
Jonnyboy was there before me and, while we chatted, a steady stream of amazing retro rides started to appear.
A brilliant turn out (over 20 riders :cool: ) assembled and checked out each others rides.
Once the group was all there we boarded the ferry for the short trip across to Studland.
Once across, we headed along the coast road for 1/2 a mile and then turned off onto the fire road.
Soon we were onto our first climb. A short but tricky bugger that soon blew away the cobwebs. This coincided with the sun coming out, so a few jackets and jumpers came off!
It was then a very quick, and rocky, decent where we had our first mechanical(s). Thanks Jonny for helping out with my mates bust brake cable. I owe you one mate!
It was onto a blast across some open fields before a splash through the stream (only remembered the bridge after getting soaked) and then a mix of firetrack and the odd road before we stopped before our first serious accent.
This was a leg-sapping climb up an ever increasing gradient on a gravely and rocky path before we emerged at the top of the Purbecks overlooking Corfe Castle.
A short stop for breath, but lunch was calling us in Corfe, so time for a quality quick downhill into the village.
Most had tea and cake, but I had beer and a prawn bagette :D
With full bellies we then negotiated the hill we decended before lunch, but took the gentle lower route.
With prawns weighing heavy in my tum, the steeper climbs really told but we all made it backuptothe top to be rewarded with some fantastic sea views.
Time to head back towards the ferry (and for some great singletrack downhill sections :cool: ). Highlight of this was riding behind my mate when he went straight over the bars! Still laughing at it now :LOL:

Rounded the ride off with a pint in Poole bay.
All in all a fantastic day with a great crowd and some cracking bikes!

Thanks to Raymondmole and his mates for sorting a brilliant route that kept all riders involved.

Bring on the IOW!!

Some pics......

On the ferry...

Cycprus027.jpg

Cycprus029.jpg

The short and straight road ;)
Cycprus030.jpg

Cycprus034.jpg

Top of the world!!
Cycprus038.jpg

Cycprus040.jpg

Cycprus041.jpg

Tea?......and cakes? Oh no :D
Cycprus044.jpg

The last of the steep climbs...

Cycprus052.jpg

Cycprus054.jpg

Team pic while waiting for stragglers (and golfers!)
Cycprus056.jpg

Cycprus058.jpg

My ride for the day... 1993 Jamis Dragon :cool:
Cycprus063.jpg

Cycprus066.jpg

awsome day! :D

suprised just how knackered i am!! :LOL:

awsome ride but i knew it would be, i'll definately be going over there more often no especially since i know a few more trails.

thanks to makster and lumos2000 for the ride organisation and thanks to raymond mole and his mates for guiding.

here's some pictures i got and there's a facebook link for the lot, about 25 pics

:D :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 8474f8e6b0

Attachments

• the gang.jpg
    the gang.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3,260
  • into the distance.jpg
    into the distance.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3,260
  • face stuffing.jpg
    face stuffing.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,260
Any chance you could make a map of this? I'm going to take the girlfriend out there and i'm bound to get lost lol

Looks like a good turn out and a nice day for it. Shame i've moved 200 miles from the south coast or I could have come along :roll:

@jonny... I was up for doing a few more miles but I'm glad I didn't! In a world of pain this evening. Legs are killing me :roll:

what a great day out, :D i think i got everyone in and raymodmole sneaking in there twice :LOL:

Attachments

• os tries amigos.jpg
    os tries amigos.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3,237
  • P18-10-09_11.28[02].JPG
    P18-10-09_11.28[02].JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,237
Rub my nose it why dont you :LOL: :LOL:

Im gutted, and still not feeling better either. looks like the perfect retro ride, There is good collection of steeds, especially that 87 Courier :cool:

Will be there next time and defo IOW.

Cheers

was cool, my legs are aching a bit, but i have tomorrow off aswel so i'll be out then aswel coz it will be almost my only time to ride for the next 3 weeks!! :(

Back