Help with my Pine Mountain

the_dark_horse

Old School Hero
Ok guys, help is needed!

I was looking at some of the new carbon fibre hardtails from Scott, Giant etc, but following the hell of the north cotswolds I realised my Pine Mountain from 1996 is still going well and I love it to bits.

The bike is here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4806&highlight=pine+mountain

The only thing it needs is a new drivetrain (8 speed XT) which isnt much of a problem and a new set of forks. The current 97 Manitou Pro C's have done over 10,000 miles and are a bit knackered. I am looking at the current SID Race which has a 63mm travel option. The current forks are 75mm which has jacked the headtube up a bit. Do you guys think the SID's are a good option. I want a light xc fork suitable for my 1996 frame.

Also any advice on my 1997 (I think) LX M569 chainset. I am really after a new set of chainrings and a left hand crank arm as the old one has cracked. Anyone got any or know where they can be found.

Your retro help is much appreciated as I really love this bike and want to get the most out of it with a new sparkle!

Many thanks,
Matt

Thanks mate!
Looks like I am going to go for the sids, will post some more pics when done.
Does any one know what the fork length of the 2007 sid on 63mm travel is?
Also does anyone have a 1996 Marin catalogie to help me in finding the fork length of the original rigid fork?

Back