1998 GT STS-DH Lobo Full Build

Beauty bike, I had 3 of those frames BITD, they did not last long!

I still have the original red Hope Big'Un hub that come with the bike...might be willing to part with it if you are interested. Would it work with that brake adaptor?

i have the bottom part of the ac chain guide if you need it noticed it is missing in the pic

The lobos look ace. Worked at a shop that used to sell 'em. We sold one and everybody danced with joy becasue the ywere so damn expensive!

Interested to know how these compare with a modern DH bike? Even at the races?

Stunning bike , always loved the look of those frames , but never had the money to get one ,as they still sell for a couple of hundred quid.

Splenid ride you have there buddy

Thanks for the replies

In answer to a couple of Q's

Got the bottom part of the AC guide, in fact I've got two AC Pro Guides (greedy :) )

I still haven't got round to finishing this, the joys of being a Dad and not having 5 minutes peace recently

The cranks, chain ring, guide and BB cost close to £200 :!: Combined with the headset, controls, brakes, forks, etc this bike has cost around £800 to get to this stage.

Retrobike aint cheap and when finished this bike will have probably cost in excess of £1k. Could have got a decent 2nd hand modern DH'er for that BUT this is in my opinion is worth it. It is THE classic GT DH machine and anyway it's nice and shiny.

The only thing is I will not be throwing myself down Cwmcarn on this, far too nice for that :oops:

Back