My Scott Genius MC-40 build UPDATE: 15th oct

sam264

Retro Guru
A few of you may have seen my orange patriot for sale thread. Well i'm impatient! someone i know offered me a swap in frames, my patriot for this scott genius mc40. I rather like it, it looks cool and has adjustable rear suspension which is what i was after. Real do it all bike.

So far i've not done anything to it, it's just a frame but i have cranks, pedals, grips, bars, stem, f+r mechs and shifters, rear wheel, seat, post and clamp, rear brake, pedals and headset.

frame:
pbpic4130607.jpg

So i went out today and bought a new BB as the old one was well and truly shagged:

pbpic4150177.jpg

I also have in the post an avid juicy 5 front 160mm, a manitou minute 130mm infinite travel adjust which i won off ebay for £107 posted and a middleburn middle chainring. I'm also watching and waiting to bid on a front wheel tonight, hope pro II on wtb speed disc.

Just need to sort a rear wheel (probably), some tubes and tyres and probably new shiters and rear (and maybe front) mech

It's been lke christmas for me today! the forks, front brake and chainring arrived and i'm picking up the front wheel that i won on saturday! :) it should be running by saturday, albeit not totally how i'd like it.

the forks (still working out what all the knobs do):

pbpic4153858.jpg

the chainring:

pbpic4153837.jpg

The front brake, CRC have started to let me down a little recently, they didn't send it in the original box, the rotor wasn't in a separate bag so if the system had leaked on the rotor it would have been fucked. Not impressed:

pbpic4153839.jpg

Here are the oher bits i already have, i'll probably get working on getting some of it built up later today.
raceface turbine crankset with new middle ring:

pbpic4153855.jpg

dmr V8's:

pbpic4153852.jpg

lizardskins peaty grips:

pbpic4153848.jpg

Juicy 5 rear brake:

pbpic4153845.jpg

XT rear mech (front mech is on the frame) and SLX? (want some new ones) shifters:

pbpic4153847.jpg

Scott bars and stem (came with the bike):

pbpic4153841.jpg

Decathlon bottle cage:

pbpic4153850.jpg

Getting there! just need the pedals on and get the front wheel and tyres and to get the gears on and sorted and it will be ridable :) Possibly the quickest WIP build thread in retrobike history?
sorry for the poor photo quality, my camera batteries died and my phone doesn't have a flash etc etc

pbpic4154366.jpg

Excited!!

Got my new front wheel today, hope pro II on wtb speed disc (seller threw in a couple of 183mm hope rotors too):
pbpic4160458.jpg

picked up some maxxis high roller xc tyres:
pbpic4160457.jpg

and here she is! still need a chain (it's here but i left my chain tool at my mum's house! :( ), a new front shifter (in the post) and a rear wheel but this will have to do for the time being. Also needs the suspension setting up properly.

pbpic4160965.jpg

Back