NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

toons":10tohqc4 said:
Did you sort out the Soul?

Have a look at maxxis Ardents

Soul was falling to bits. Disc loose again, caliper out of alignment, 3 very loose chainring bolts and the tyre was scrap. Just put a 2.4 Nobby Nic on the back. Went for the Snake Skin reinforced version in the end.

All spammed back up, fettled, lubed and shiny again.

What night next week??

Tuesdays good for me. Might up on Monday thru the day too to scout out some new bits for Saturday. I want to have a look around the old Hill Fort area and see if I can link up some of the great singletrack down there.

Its Tuesday evening and its pissing down with rain, dark and windy outside. Time to go to Thrunton then :LOL: :?

What's the story about Rosedale on the 28th? Could possibly manage this. It'll give me an excuse not to go somewhere else that I'll be pestered about.

Well that was WET WET WET!

Little bit stiff this morning, I defo need to relax more.

Its just those wet and deadly roots do my head in.

Old Ned":2outbnni said:
What's the story about Rosedale on the 28th? Could possibly manage this. It'll give me an excuse not to go somewhere else that I'll be pestered about.

Will be getting things moving once Thrunton is out of the way. Will start a thread in the rides section so keep one eye on it Ned. Looks like a good route around Rosedale- the section past Hollins Farm is said to be the best natural singletrack in the UK. We will see ;)

toons":1ikhtxhz said:
Well that was WET WET WET!

Little bit stiff this morning, I defo need to relax more.

Its just those wet and deadly roots do my head in.

Looks like Saturday is going to be even wetter if thats at all possible :?

You need to relax dude. Don't worry about roots. Just hit them square, keep off the brakes to carry more speed over them and stay loose over the bike. The faster you go the less affect they have. At speed a slide will correct itself if you are relaxed.

Three Thruntons in 6 days has knacked me out. No more riding until saturday methinks :oops:

Back