1992 Saracen Conquest

Well done with this, I also appreciate the in the wars/surgery burn look!

I have a Nishiki Alien thats completely had it and cracked all over, on the backest back burner, gone off alu a bit.
This is a stunner though, better looking than teh cromo bikes IMO. I have an 18" cromo Saracen and its well short I think ya need a long stem! :D

The early saracens are all pretty short, my Trekker Hydrotech has an even shorter wheel base than this one :LOL:

I may get it refinished one day and will have to think of colours :?

What do you think :shock:

Will be rebuilding as soon, have a couple of new items to try ;)

A fresh metallic powdercoat in sulphur yellow with metallic flick laquer, Will source some decals, cant wait to get it built and ridden.

Saracen004.jpg

Saracen005.jpg

Saracen006.jpg

Saracen008.jpg

Saracen010.jpg

who needs expensive wet-paint jobs anyway?

i'll have to pop round and have a look in the flesh since my kilauea is gonna need some love before too much longer. i think a nice deep bluey-green is in order.

I was worried for chooisng something different but am glad I did, they can do any colour and even coloured candy laquers too !

these guys, http://www.realitymotorworks.com/ top chaps that I will be going back to for sure. They said that this powercoating is not to be confused with industrial powdercoaters................

I warned them of a wave of old mountain bikes :LOL:

That looks fantastic GM. That frame certainly got lucky when you became it's new owner. What colour decals are you going for?

sinnett177":3n1fv1cq said:
That looks fantastic GM. That frame certainly got lucky when you became it's new owner. What colour decals are you going for?

Yes but not as lucky as your Dyna-Tech ;)

Decals is a sore question that I am working on ...............but not rushing into , I love the 91 era (same as my Trekker) more than the 92 it had when new, But Saracen decals are no where to be found, Gil_m has 92 kili racer but is missing hydrotech etc so will keep digging,

Im just building it back up now (with man flu) so will have it done by the morning all going well.

Gravy Monster":jaw8faet said:
Decals is a sore question that I am working on ...............but not rushing into , I love the 91 era (same as my Trekker) more than the 92 it had when new, But Saracen decals are no where to be found, Gil_m has 92 kili racer but is missing hydrotech etc so will keep digging,
Have you tried Sidewinder and DryStonePaul, both having been going through similar issues with their e-stay Killi's.

Back