Rocky Mountain Cirrus Frame

So is this actually an Experience I have, and not a Cirrus?

Porschenut, nice to see another Lower Mainlander here. I moved here (Kits) from Edmonchuk in Dec 2005 and found one within about 3 months...did I get lucky? I still haven't put some decent wheels on it to take it out for a real ride - the bearings are shot in the wheelset that it came with, Pulstar hubs. My understanding was that Richard Dean Anderson had one of these bikes back when they filmed MacGyver here. Yup, this city is amazing for old school rides - I kick myself lots for not remembering my camera when I go out.

I just checked my original posting about getting this and realised that someone had suggested that it was an Experience back then...
http://retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Attachments

• chainstay2.jpg
    chainstay2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,867
cdngrimpeur your frame is a Cirrus since you have a tube chainstay bridge. The Experience has a curved piece of flat metal that looks like this -> )

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I was told by the seller that it was a stashed warranty frame that RMB sold him after the period (5 years?) for honouring those warranties expired.

Porchenut, cheers for the clarification... :) and it also rings very true... the bike is an awesome singletrack machine, really stiff and great for putting the power down!

Elma have you built it yet?? :) when you do, get some photos up! :) I have quite an attatchment to that particular frame :) it was mine for 11 years before gump made it all lovely and shiny again! :)

Back