94 Klein Quantum Pro Coral Reef Completed!!! Pg5

oh man, perfect timing, just got back from a 22mile ride, averaged 20mph (with picture stops) there and 18 total there and back riding decently easy, topped out at 28.5 (without any "sprint" effort)

nah, my parents wouldnt loan me their car because mine had just broke down and i had a bike race the next day, but i smoked with them last night. was pretty fun... ill stay the night sometime soon. I have stopped partying so much as I used to, for the most part I spend time on my bikes because it keeps me out of trouble...

but quite honestly between the quantum pro and the attitude ive been having more fun riding them than well... other things.... (long term... in the short term aww hell no.)

& they never get me in any trouble :D

I cannot believe the trouble you are having with the zipps!! that is just awful, and they seem to be quite a reputable company, so for them to have those issues is quite unacceptable. I would be very pissed

& if you have a ton of trouble finding an isis bb id check online somewhere will ship, or if you have wayyyyy to much trouble I can help you out (in the usa, easy enough for me to get parts...)

I saw that quantum pro in the for sale, how did you wind up with all those kleins!!

according to a bathroom scale that read my kitty litter box 1.5lbs too heavy (the net weight is listed on the side of the kitty litter box, 14lbs, weighted it and it came out 15.5 so this is probably very ballpark) but mine came out to 18.5 with that nasty ass seatpost and heavy tubies

& im pretty sure the weight is wrong because i had a FULL waterbottle in the bottle cage, and took it out and weighed it again and it came out the same.... so not quite logical, ill have to get a scale.

definately very very very fast. and now as well I do not have to get out of the saddle for climbs, i even accelerate in the seat up some (to pass people :twisted: )

only took me since april :)

now all i have to do is go mow the lawn :LOL:

Here we go! Some new updates:

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

Nice nice

heres me yesterday

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5614/img1543v.jpg

well.... I was behind the camera and I rode there and back so sort of?

lol

you have one seriously good job my friend

& that pm that you sent the other day came in blank, mind resending that for me?

yours is coming along quite nicely! looks real good with those non aero wheels... I might have to look into a set. I got mine all muddy today on a ride in between the rain :twisted:

PIGEON":3angr3b2 said:
That does it. How much for a Quantum Pro? Will I be able to afford one if I sell a kidney?

Depends on where you buy it... If you can find a crackhead, idiot, or very desperate person like I did, I would say around $80 usd for the frame fork and one headset bearing. So thats one cheep kidney. But as dancingjack and I have found, there is no cheep way to build up a frame :)

or if you buy dancingjack's NEWOLDSTOCK frame with the nice paintjob 500 euro :D

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75020

Wow! Sounds like you were all fired up with your ride man. So which speedo did u end up with?

Yeah, diverting your attention from the bad stuffs' good. Unforunately, the sad fact still remains that bikes aren't cheap so it isn't all that much better afterall! :p

Zipp just sent me a whole list of instructions on how to install the crank but after following every single procedure, the problem still persisted! I guess I'll have to drop them another e-mail once again to settle this issue.

I've had the quantum for a while now and it has never seen the road. Decided to strip the parts off and sell the frame off cause I simply do not have time to pamper all five bikes at home including my girlfriend's. Guess when it is time to go, it is time to go!

I'm just left with a few bits and pieces and I'll be all done! Currently waiting for my front deraileur to arrive and I need to purchase a new cassette and Speedplay X5 pedal. When it's all done up, I'll find a proper location to take some good shots of it in the sunlight.

Btw, I noticed your weird seatpost. GET RID OF IT PLEASE!!! :LOL: Also, what wheels are those? :twisted:

Quite a lot man! I've paid a bomb till date and am avoiding any calculations on this bike! I've got one for sale so please check out my ad!!! :D

PIGEON":21gr4oqa said:
That does it. How much for a Quantum Pro? Will I be able to afford one if I sell a kidney?

$80 :shock: people often want more for their tired old rubbish Peugeots :shock:

The frame is tempting.... But I really shouldn't :(

PIGEON":lg092m19 said:
$80 :shock: people often want more for their tired old rubbish Peugeots :shock:
The frame is tempting.... But I really shouldn't :(

*ROFL* That's hilarious!

Do reconsider your decision! Such colour in prestine condition is really hard to come by I must say! :p

Back