1993 Dave Yates D.O.N.K.I.S. K.N.O.B.

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
Hello everyone.....following several months of looking at your bikes here is a first photographic offering from my stable.......i purchased this from ebay a few weeks ago and was delighted to see that my journey to carlisle to collect it was not a waste as it clearly has not been used much!!......i have owned numerous alloy and carbon frames over the years but have wanted a steel frame as despite the obvious rust issues i think they give the best and livliest feel offroad.........since aquiring it i have repacked pedals,hubs and headset,replaced all cables and outers,stuck on some blingy chainrings....(just because i had them kicking around!!)......used my titanium use post and most importantly replaced the fork elastomers which ride like new now........i have fitted the spesh tyres for a good road shakedown before i find myself in the middle of nowhere with a mechanical,but i have a set of amber walled smoke/dart tyres waiting and will shortly start the search for a flite saddle.........see what you think...... :cool:

I like that... ...lots.

All the right bits in all the right places. Give me a shout if you ever want to sell

cool ride man. i have those tires on mt commuter. they are curious... high rolling resistance i feel. sometimes i swear my MTB tires are just as fast on the road. Bike looks awesome !!!

DocBraunson":2lqonoxu said:
cool ride man. i have those tires on mt commuter. they are curious... high rolling resistance i feel. sometimes i swear my MTB tires are just as fast on the road. Bike looks awesome !!!
.....yeah,i agree......they are better at high pressures but still give an mtb feel on the road.....they are bulked up by the flak jacket lining but i have never had a flat on them......

p1020004x.jpg

there you go! nice bike, get some knoblys on it!

feetabix":37eeapor said:
Hello everyone.....following several months of looking at your bikes here is a first photographic offering from my stable.......i purchased this from ebay a few weeks ago and was delighted to see that my journey to carlisle to collect it was not a waste as it clearly has not been used much!!......i have owned numerous alloy and carbon frames over the years but have wanted a steel frame as despite the obvious rust issues i think they give the best and livliest feel offroad.........since aquiring it i have repacked pedals,hubs and headset,replaced all cables and outers,stuck on some blingy chainrings....(just because i had them kicking around!!)......used my titanium use post and most importantly replaced the fork elastomers which ride like new now........i have fitted the spesh tyres for a good road shakedown before i find myself in the middle of nowhere with a mechanical,but i have a set of amber walled smoke/dart tyres waiting and will shortly start the search for a flite saddle.........see what you think...... :cool:

good plan; I would also lose those barends, replace them with something more in line with the other components if you are set on running a pair. Also, tilt the handle bar back, and where did your other shifter go?

Congrats on picking up a steel bike; best of luck wit it....looks clean :cool:

Back