1987 Cannondale SM800 - Time machines do exist

Wow.. that looks really cool. The SM800 in the catalogue obviously has the 26/24 setup. I love the 26/24 setup. Very :cool: You must really love pink to ride those bikes though :mrgreen: Seriously: The pink won't hold me back. I like them.

24pouces":1fyilc0q said:
My post on the french "old school forum", where I'm restoring a 1988 SM600 (I've got two frames : a 24x26" and a 26x26 !)

I think the stickers will becom pink as yours ! :D

Took a look at the French forum. Too bad my French is not so good. The pics are of great help. Looks good! Looking forward to see the result. Seems to me you're opting for a mix of nice Campy, Mavic parts also??

The 26x24" SM600 will be restored with the original suntour XC6000 group. I don't find the rear derailleur, so a suntour VRX would be good. When I caught this bike, it was a mix with original suntour XC6000 parts and shimano altus C20 !
On other hand, I bought this 1988 SM600frame :
cannon1gs4.jpg

I think, I"ll mix campy and Mavic (Paris Gao Dakar) for it ;)

Two very interesting projects.

I sometimes see XC6000 bikes for sale. Will keep in my mind you're looking for a rear mech.

The SM800 somewhat bigger =>

Naamloos1-1.jpg

Thanks for sending the pdfs!

SO ...thats were the cannondale badge origonates from ....
every days a schoolday :LOL:

that is a lovely bike tho

now we've all seen it take it out and get it mucky (for the first time)
you know it'll love it :LOL:

mike

Was thinking the same, didnt see it before.

Nice one Melvin, and said before the best era decals. Good size and lovely colours. Just bought a new house last week so maybe the painter.....

If you want to get rid of it, I can pick it up if you like :D

Cheers,
Martin

Back