FS: 1999 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp M2 Blue

mattyh222

Retro Newbie
For Sale

Frame: 1999 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp M2 Blue Medium
Fork: Manitou SX w/ Preload & rebound adjustment
Rims: Mavic 222 SUP in Red Ano (v-brake compatible)
Brakes: Avid Arch Rival w/ brand new brake blocks
Levers: Sram 9.0 carbon v-brake levers
Chainset: Specialized S-Works 5-arm 175mm
Rear Mech: Sram 9.0 Limited Edition Stars & Stripes
Front Mech: Shimano XT
Shifters: Sram Gripshift Limited Edition Stars & Stripes
Seatpost: Ritchey Alloy un-cut
Seat Clamp: Specialized QR
Saddle: Specialized Body Geo Black
Headset: FSA Orbit XLII Silver
Stem: Ritchey 120mm
Bars: X-lite Cross Country riser bars/X-lite Ti flat bars 650mm/645mm
Grips: Gripshift
Chain: Shimano HG

The bike has been a member of the family since it was brand new, it was purchased from JE James cycles in 1999 with an upgraded package instead of standard components. since then it has had replacement cassette, chain, chainrings, headset, bars, cables, pads etc etc.

The bike has clocked up many miles in the years and is not in brand new condition, however the bike has been taken care of & cleaned up after and before ever ride out. apart from cosmetic stone chips etc the bike is in mint condition (even the braking surfaces are mint clean)

The bike has not been used for just over 2 years as numerous bikes have replaced it and it has come to the time to sell the bike as my plans to convert it into my commuting bike have fallen through so it has been left hung up in the garage.

The bike is currently stripped down completely so I could overhaul it before selling. I am a qualified mechanic and will build it back up so the bike is mint and ready to ride once again if there is to be a buyer.

I dont really know how much bikes like these sell for, as i say its not in mint condition but it is in good condition for the age. Im a new member on this forum and havent checked through past threads to see how much they go for but i'll start my price at £300 and see where we get to.

Thanks

Matt

(pics to follow)

pbpic4029154.jpg

pbpic4029153.jpg

pbpic4029152.jpg

pbpic4029150.jpg

pbpic4029144.jpg

pbpic4029141.jpg

pbpic4029187.jpg

pbpic4029173.jpg

pbpic4029169.jpg

pbpic4029157.jpg

pbpic4029156.jpg

Apoligise for all the photos and also in my initial post i said it included a XT front mech as I thought that was what was on the bike, however since taking all the bits out the bike box it was in it is infact a LX front mech.

Hope you like

Matt

You may be better off splitting.

If you do can I have first refusal (Dibs) on those Avid Arch Rivals

sorry about the late reply

how much are we talking for the brakes & the groupset if i were to split, if i am splitting i would like to make it worth my while, hit me with some offers and i'll get back to you!

matt

i actually gasped when i read the title,praying it was the Gulf Racing coloured hardtail,i want one of those so much,had the FSR and loved it.

Latest posts

Back