Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

drystonepaul":26r9npoz said:
My 1992 Kili Racer is now built up and test ridden:

92KiliRacer01.jpg

More pics and info here

Mmmmmmm! i want to paint mine and put amber wall tyres on it now!

Oldave, Nice to see it running again. It looks quite nice as a SS! I always like seeing where my old frames get to :)

Im guessing by the "And the reflective stickers are coming off - a boring task, so just one or two a day!" comment that they aren't as easy to get off as I thought? I do apologise.

If your interested, in the short time I was useing it as a 'proper' bike and not just for commuting it looked like this:

IMG_0606.jpg

Pip

My love of early Saracens has now spread from bikes into my choice of clothing.
Picked this up on ebay earlier this week. Virtually unworn and as seen on the cover of the 1992 Saracen catalogue.

Saracen-Jersey-1.jpg
Saracen-Jersey-2.jpg
Saracen92cat.jpg

I love that top :cool:

Well got my Tufftrax and i am quite chuffed with it! Here's a pic, i thought i'd go for Quadras on this, colours and period suit and have a pretty decent set lying about. Don't ask about the quick release, i know and it was not me!

Just need a 220mm Mag / Quadra steerer!!

Interesting to note, this was sold as a '93 frame, but look, no rear noodle but a canti stop same as the '92 bikes. Also interesting to note, my old '92 Tufftrax had the same cable routing as this and not like the '92 catalogue which shows it as internal. So i'm guessing this is a late '92 bike sold as a '93while the early '92s had internal cable routing :?

Attachments

• PA111227.jpg
    PA111227.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,913
  • PA111224.jpg
    PA111224.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,913
drystonepaul":k9jsxiim said:
My love of early Saracens has now spread from bikes into my choice of clothing.
Picked this up on ebay earlier this week. Virtually unworn and as seen on the cover of the 1992 Saracen catalogue.

Saracen-Jersey-1.jpg
Saracen-Jersey-2.jpg
Saracen92cat.jpg
With a bit of luck it'll be too big for you :LOL: any news on the frame yet? ;)

Sidewinder:
The top fits like a glove, not literally obviously as it would be a glove.

Regarding your frame; I had a call from the powdercoaters today to let me know it's ready. I'll pick it up tomorrow if I get a chance.
There will be a RAL 5015 blue e-stay on this thread soon...

Easy_Rider:
That frame looks fantastic and I'm glad you got your hands on it. The colour and finish look immaculate. Looking forward to seeing it built up and hopefully on an NWA ride soon.

:cool:

Am picking a frame up in Lymm on saturday so if its convenient might try to arrange to meet up somewhere and kill 2 birds so to speak ;)

Easy_Rider

Glad you like the frame, checking the add from when I bought it he had owned it from new and bought it in 1992!

This is what it looked like before I stripped it for the components!

BYuhOBWkKGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBKjFYien.jpg

Back