Dorset/Purbecks ride anyone??

Updated ;)
makster":35n0pksq said:
Ok....the day fast approaches so would be great to get an idea of who is planning to come along.
List so far seems to be...
Me
Lumos2000
Raymondmole (and the local riders)
Gravymonster
Jonnyboy666
Heathy
Guybe
Conceptsails

TBC..
Wutangled?
Carefull now?
Retroyetrigid?
Stocko?
Splatterpaint?

Also... although the poster for the retro-ride being organised through Raymondmole states no disc brakes etc, please dont be put off attending if you only have a modern bike to ride on the day (may be able to lend something out if you're really stuck ;) )
The rides I've been on through this forum have been more about having a laugh and a good day out than worrying about what you're riding on the day.

As for parking...there are a few options open. I will be riding to the ferry so people are more than welcome to park at mine and do the same.
Its a level ride along the prom, and serves as a nice warm-up too ;)
There is also plenty of parking close to the ferry. There is a large car-park at Sandbanks, which is 5mins from the ferry.

If anyone wants further info, feel free to drop me a pm :D

@ Makster,

I pm'd Heathy the other night to see if he wanted to hitch a lift but said he cant make due to his dad's 60th party.

I am planning to make it but am currently in bed with headache backache and shivering after work today............. I dont do ill :twisted:

Hopefully it'l wear off tonight :?

Cheers

Gravy Monster":8zgm5xih said:
@ Makster,

I pm'd Heathy the other night to see if he wanted to hitch a lift but said he cant make due to his dad's 60th party.

I am planning to make it but am currently in bed with headache backache and shivering after work today............. I dont do ill :twisted:

Hopefully it'l wear off tonight :?

Cheers

Oh dear. Hope you get better.
Thanks for letting me know about Heathy

so do we have a confirmed meeting time, if i read that old style poster right it says 1020am, is that correct?

jonnyboy666":3fvh5z34 said:
so do we have a confirmed meeting time, if i read that old style poster right it says 1020am, is that correct?

I was going to put a meeting time and place up tomorrow, but no time like the present :D

I'd say to meet at the ferry for 10am. Gives plenty of time to make sure we're all there.
We also have a couple of riders that will be meeting us the other side of the ferry (mars bar prize for the first one to spot the retroBIKE sticker ;) )
For those driving, just head for Sandbanks and then I'd suggest parking at the Sandbanks beach carpark and cycling up to the ferry.
There is limited parking at the ferry, but not worth a trip around the one-way system if its full.

If anyone fancies parking at mine (free ;) ) and then spining along the prom, then an 09:30 meet suits me.

ok,I'm coming

if anyone's got a front magura rim brake that they want to sell ,then bring it along,otherwise i'm riding with no front brake,which will at least keep the no discs faction happy.

It looks like I can do this now woo! room for an unfit git on a saracen killi racer!? Is there a postcode for the start point? Are we planning a lunch stop?

sandbanks ferry bh19 3ba, yes i'm sure there will be a lunch stop!! it's retrobike not racebike!! :D

Back