Cheddar

Mr Panda":30oqg98b said:
Some of those farm made ciders are magic

Went on a geological mapping trip to Hereford when a student. Area being mapped was littered with "Cider Farms" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I bet some of your measurements of dip and dip direction of strata were a bit off as well. :LOL:

Who's willing to send me some Cider?? :D

My mate Dave has just popped in for some of my amazing coffee :LOL:
He's told me of a cheese shop he knows over in Glasgow's west end.I'll visit at the weekend and see what they have.
Chance to get a supply of Cornish yarg,the wild garlic wrapped variety :cool:
Need something to offset a strong cheddar :?

BarneyRubble":3m3mgrys said:
Mr Panda":3m3mgrys said:
Some of those farm made ciders are magic

Went on a geological mapping trip to Hereford when a student. Area being mapped was littered with "Cider Farms" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I bet some of your measurements of dip and dip direction of strata were a bit off as well. :LOL:

.....and I had an air bubble in my clinometer :shock:

dyna-ti":2ro7zwin said:
Chance to get a supply of Cornish yarg,the wild garlic wrapped variety :cool:
Need something to offset a strong cheddar :?

Caboc used to do a nice garlicky one rolled in oats, but haven't seen it for ages.

I know it's a lot in one go but that only works out at £2.30 a pint.

Mellis have a shop in Glasgow - Cheese heaven, for Scottish try Dunsyre Blue and Blue Lanark - pretty amazing full flavours.

On a supermarket note I buy the island cheddars, they are all pretty nice, especially Orkney Mature.

And to top it all off you need some Welsh Dragon Pate.
http://www.patchwork-pate.co.uk/product ... 251&page=1

Amazing stuff.

Well sorry D/T - due to over indulgence of RUM I didn't get to creamery today :oops:

Did however get to the Arran Cheese Shoppe and got some mature cheddar :p which turned out to be average :cry: :cry: and some Arran Camembert :p wiich is ace and according to my kids smells (and looks) like a cow pat :LOL:

Arran Camembert - cheese of the week - only £28 a kilo :shock:

dyna-ti":yd10cj0r said:
£48.50 for 18 pints or £77 for 36 pints

:shock: A bit more than i was expecting to pay

I think it's the weight of delivering liquid that bumps up the price. You can buy it for £2.30 a pint in my local! Perhaps you'd be better off coming to Somerset for a weekend of camping, riding retro bikes, eating cheese and drinking cider! :)

Back