white porc's

I always found Smoke/Dart Magics a better tyre, but there's no doubt white Porcs are a classic.

Classics don't always make sense.

:cool:

scant":1dx7kfq9 said:
lucifer":1dx7kfq9 said:
yeah but they stuck like glue...

you need to try some slow rebound modern tyres. properly grippy & more than 3 rides use unlike white porcs ;)

suggestions.

By the way I run modern continentals on everything but the fat chance, which of course has porcs.

White Porc's are cool as long as there dificult to find. I'd NEVER have the same pair of tyres as another 250 bikes if I want a cool-unique bike...
Go for some Dart/Smoke Magic!!

THWANG-666":1axmsvhl said:
i would rather have a set of amber walled ground controls any day can we petition specialized

Oh yeah baby! As Specialized now make a repro of the original StumpJumper maybe they could make some treads too!

I think they should do it just for the craic..;. imagine the look on peoples' faces when the tyre they've just spent a couple of hundred quid on becomes worthless overnight...! Would put things into perspective really wouldn't it?! Maybe we could get the ball rolling on a re-release of moots / onza ti cranks, disk drives, speedtraps...! Herbold bought the last 350 pairs or so when they stopped making the white porcs - was his fave tyre (supposedly)

Stick Legs":1xxlqwlo said:
THWANG-666":1xxlqwlo said:
i would rather have a set of amber walled ground controls any day can we petition specialized

Oh yeah baby! As Specialized now make a repro of the original StumpJumper maybe they could make some treads too!

stick legs do you think we should as ask john to petition specialized for a few sets of ground controls for the retro bike massive

The main problem I imagine is getting someone to commit to buy the older tyres.

Jeff @ First Flight has done some Timbuk II's I am buying a couple of pairs next week. Some people say they are a bit expensive, even with the favourable dollar rate right now but to make a run of tyres the unit cost is dependent on the number ordered. There are say 600 users on this forum. I think it would be a miracle if half commited to buying 4x groundcontrols each. So that's 1200 tyres. I think that 1000+ tyres at $20 per tyre would be worth doing. Any less may not be. A nice idea but I am not sure how much demand there really is...

Stick Legs":l5u06o1j said:
THWANG-666":l5u06o1j said:

that stumpjumper already comes with ground controls & specialized has already been petitioned in the US (mainly by mtbr.com VRC) to re-release ground controls to no avail.

herbold was sponsored by onza, he woulda been given the tyres, not bought them! ;)

Back