'97 King Kahuna - Updated 13th October

Looking good

Still prefer the Syncros on there but that's just personal preference...never really got on with USE stuff

Very nice, well done. I like modern retro's like this and black silver & brushed Ti go so well together.

I'm also with some of the other's here in that I prefer the Syncros stem. But why not carry the "UK's finest" as a theme, USE, Middleburn Pace, X-lite. The German stem does not fit the build that well, even if it is light. Pace forks back on and and a Hope/USE/Xlite stem and some bling levers maybe to remove more XTR grey?

And you have a Canadian option too with the RaceFace and Syncros kit, some problems you have there ;)

Enjoy!!

Love the bike! Wouldnt change anything but maybe add a bit of colour with some gold Ti bolts and other small trick bits.

I like that you heat-shrink'ed the cable ends. I've never seen that before. I think I might do the same on my bike, other hobby is DIY hi-fi so I've always got plenty of heat-shrink around.

With your planned upgrades you should be down to 19lb for the full bike. V,nice! :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I am thinking of a few potential changes sometime in the future; Some X0 kit maybe, rear mech and shifters (triggers or twisters).

I've got a new KMC 9SL chain on the way (thats gold ;) ) so may put a new XTR cassette on to go with it ;)

As suggested some Ti/alloys bolts here and there :roll: and maybe a Dura-ace front mech and a set of Titec porkrind grips.

And so it contiues :roll:

Cheers

:D

X0 is in a word s**t along with those Ultimate brakes....had those on my old Charge and the shift was clunky and the brakes leaked...looked poop as well with lots of carbon trim.

IMO XTR would be my choice with a canadian theme going on. Everyones different though of course and no two builds are the same :D

Neil G":1cvokop5 said:
X0 is in a word s**t along with those Ultimate brakes....had those on my old Charge and the shift was clunky and the brakes leaked...looked poop as well with lots of carbon trim.

IMO XTR would be my choice with a canadian theme going on. Everyones different though of course and no two builds are the same :D

That was another consideration :) M970 shifters and M972GS Rear mech. Mixed reviews though; some say XTR better, others X0 :?

Cheers

Marmite really, I hated X0...thought the carbon 'trim' looked like halfords stick on stuff that boy racers use on their dashboards!

I have XTR on my Hei and I have to say the gunmetal finish just goes with the Ti...definately adds to a stealthy build

Neil G":3u4gzhvp said:
Marmite really, I hated X0...thought the carbon 'trim' looked like halfords stick on stuff that boy racers use on their dashboards!

I have XTR on my Hei and I have to say the gunmetal finish just goes with the Ti...definately adds to a stealthy build

You could well be persueding me ;)

Cheers :)

lol

I think you've just got to go with whatever you've got your eye on. I know XTR does work nicely with Ti :D

Back