Kielder Octoberfest Race. RB Team Entries Wanted 10th Oct

Results further show how tough it was and poor ZigZag was right, of the completers of the race he was 2nd last but that means the stragglers Si seen were definitely not up to Aarons high standards :D

Well done all but I think SS might be more our bag provided of course they don't start taking it seriously :LOL:

So folks,a few days have passed, would you do it again? If not Keilder, the enduro format? Did you learn anything from the ordeal?

I didn't realise it was an enduro, - I thought they were more 8 - 10 hours in the saddle - like dusk till dawn, relentless and mayhem

Well mtb marathon, enduro etc. Definitely focusing on distance rather than tech or racing IMO.

Not for me. It was all about stamina and endurance and a little boring TBH. Apart from the final descent there was no skill or bike handling ability involved. I'm never going to be able to devote the time to get fit enough for this type of event so won't be bothering again.
I do like the idea of competition though and must admit to looking at some pretty bad ass looking DH bikes on Sunday in one of the big bike stores.

Retro DH anyone?

Dr S":1vyuvn3c said:
Apart from the final descent there was no skill or bike handling ability involved.

Retro DH anyone?

583_6391103834acf78093d782.jpg

Sorry Si, I just couldn't help myself :LOL:

sinnett177":226ko0ca said:
Dr S":226ko0ca said:
Apart from the final descent there was no skill or bike handling ability involved.

Retro DH anyone?

583_6391103834acf78093d782.jpg

Sorry Si, I just couldn't help myself :LOL:

Definite mincer award :LOL:

Dr S":11fxmmbv said:
Not for me. It was all about stamina and endurance and a little boring TBH. Apart from the final descent there was no skill or bike handling ability involved. I'm never going to be able to devote the time to get fit enough for this type of event so won't be bothering again.
I do like the idea of competition though and must admit to looking at some pretty bad ass looking DH bikes on Sunday in one of the big bike stores.

Retro DH anyone?

I'd spoke to big.eck about downhilling before though I think retro downhill is maybe a bridge too far. Was thinking of hiring a bike maybe at Inners or Fort Bill.

kaiser":2yhi72v8 said:
Dr S":2yhi72v8 said:

Retro DH anyone?

I'd spoke to big.eck about downhilling before though I think retro downhill is maybe a bridge too far. Was thinking of hiring a bike maybe at Inners or Fort Bill.

you should go for it.......... honestly it's nuts :D or am i nuts ?

who cares its fun......... you'll hae to get up here and get a wee shot on the beast :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back